Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 01:29 AM
Fire Giant

Default rogue solo 46 to 51

I've gone through these levels with war and monk soloing, but when I bring my rogue to the same places at the same level, it is a lot more difficult. I twink them pretty much to the same degree, so I don't think it's gear issue.

Going through the famous leveling guide, I still can't find a decent place where my rogue can solo efficiently.

(1) CoM: Very packed, hard to find solo spots as all the ffa mobs are usually taken, at 46 i can solo stabes but a lot are green.

(2) Dreadlands: The issue here is rogue can only handle certain mobs (e.g. must avoid rager), so finding the right mob and getting it single will be time consuming, hence inefficient exping

(3) Lguk: Caster mobs hard to beat, and hard to single

(4) Solb: Same as lguk

(5) Wakening Land - Mobs tons of hp, and giants near kael seem like the only safe area

(6) Great Divide - this is my current spot, but again the same issue with taking tons of time to kill one mob

Anyone can comment on other zones that I can try with better solo xp efficiency? At 46 he's decently geared with epic/horn/self healing bp/fungi etc.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:00 AM
Banned

Why would you want to do this to yourself?
Old 07-26-2019, 06:34 AM
Fire Giant

oggok guards

but also why are you soloing on a rogue
Old 07-26-2019, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Cause rogues are the worst soloers in game. You will not have solo efficiency anywhere at that lvl, even if you were de leveled with NToV stuff.

Just find a necro and ask if you can duo with them. They often solo and you can stabby stab stuff they fear. Or a SK since they can also fear but are also pretty shit (but not as shit as rogue) at soloing mobs. Grab a SK buddy and go to town on BW giants, or DL, or w/e
Old 07-26-2019, 09:36 AM
Kobold

I soloed my rogue at that range on the 2 wandering guards in feerott. 6 min spawn time, FS loot every, easy to follow the river and figure out their spawn points. Exp is quick if you have some form of regen. Make sure you know how to face tank and backstab. Gear matters here.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

If you must solo, bloodgills in loio. No place better in the game for that level range for solo play. Hit hard, but low hp. 6 of them are single pullable. Probably can’t sneak split the others as they face each other but maybe you can find some angles.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Are you using root poison? 50% slow immediately on opening fights is a huge increase in rogue soloability, assuming you have the plat for it, which based on your other gear I'm guessing you do.

I couldn't solo anything worth XP in ALS gear at that level, but I bet you can do Sarnak Berserkers with that setup at 46. They should still be XP green, but much more importantly the quest turnin XP is enormous. I doubt you'll find faster solo XP anywhere else.

EDIT: Any by enormous, I guess I actually mean respectable, probably 2% per turnin ish at 46? It basically turns them into greens that give about as much XP as a blue. Still quite good, I got a lot of level 54 done there grinding out my OT hammer faction, and I know Rainik did all of 59 going from max KOS to amiable. Need to learn where they path and spawn for it to be efficient though.
Last edited by 7thGate; 07-26-2019 at 03:21 PM..
Old 07-26-2019, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

If I remember correctly I did crystal caverns tentacle terrors with a fungi. I think they don't totally green out till 51.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you must solo, bloodgills in loio. No place better in the game for that level range for solo play. Hit hard, but low hp. 6 of them are single pullable. Probably can’t sneak split the others as they face each other but maybe you can find some angles.
+1 I’d root one and drag the other to land to break up spawns.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Kill greens.
Closed Thread