Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Here's the thing about druids - you can explore the classic world in a way no one else can. With ports, heals, invis, root, gate, tracking and sneak (halfling) you can quest, adventure and tradeskill like no other class.

It's a hard thing to ignore: you can fight for a handful of class-appropriate camps in your general area, or you can literally find blues to kill anywhere in the world with a quick port and a fast run.

I love the druid class from 1-max level. What I dislike, is a druid at max level - once you arrive at the point where you are severely limited on end-game solo/group adventures due to the weakness of your spells.

I am currently trying to decide how I will cast my green lot, the druid I know and love, a non-iksar necro (meh), or some other class that produces the solo power I desire. Finding the balance between the freedom to explore and the ability to down targets is the biggest challenge for me.

I don't have the patience to negotiate the terms of engagement on a few select camps, for that reason, I will most likely be a bored lvl 50 druid after a few months : P
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 09-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Rogue again most likely. Maybe a necro since it's the only class I haven't played to at least 30.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-12-2019, 10:00 AM
Kobold

Rogue.

Never played one. They're not an FD class, but have great survivability with hide/sneak etc. Group dependent but groups want them. DPS and CR dragging is the only responsibility.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dark elf monk full golden plate armor? I mean.. sounds pretty attractive.

dark elf paladin full orange blazing plate? oh man.

dark elf ranger full green plate? hhhnnnggg

dark elf shaman full silver plate armor??

I cant decide.
Wait I'm an idiot, all of those classes/races in RED plate armor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2019, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's the thing about druids - you can explore the classic world in a way no one else can. With ports, heals, invis, root, gate, tracking and sneak (halfling) you can quest, adventure and tradeskill like no other class.

It's a hard thing to ignore: you can fight for a handful of class-appropriate camps in your general area, or you can literally find blues to kill anywhere in the world with a quick port and a fast run.

I love the druid class from 1-max level. What I dislike, is a druid at max level - once you arrive at the point where you are severely limited on end-game solo/group adventures due to the weakness of your spells.

I am currently trying to decide how I will cast my green lot, the druid I know and love, a non-iksar necro (meh), or some other class that produces the solo power I desire. Finding the balance between the freedom to explore and the ability to down targets is the biggest challenge for me.

I don't have the patience to negotiate the terms of engagement on a few select camps, for that reason, I will most likely be a bored lvl 50 druid after a few months : P
Yeah this is 100% accurate IMO

I think the druid is just so great for classic everquest, there is really so much to do in the outdoor zones, and they are really fun places to hang out while everyone is hunting lions and wisps and stuff.

The indoor zones are my favorite part of eq overall, but the outdoor ones in classic are just such an awesome experience that druids happen to be able to excel at partaking in, being able to just hop around to every single one of them.

Not to mention a dark elf druid is an awesome doll to play with and brush its hair and talk to and stuff like a creep.

And they do well in CT and MM it being an outdoor zone, so you can enjoy some good classic spots, not that MM hasnt been overdone like on a level that I hopefully wont be exping there on green lol although I have never farmed a Gem encrusted rod and I will need one if I do a druid so there's that..
Old 09-12-2019, 01:39 PM
Orc

I really want to roll necro but I don't know how much I want a non iksar necro. Honestly I just want to play iksar anything but I guess I'll settle for something that goes good with my wife's druid.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:19 PM
Large Rat

Human or Troll Shadowknight
Old 09-21-2019, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Dark Elf Shadowknight
Old 09-21-2019, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

I have an Enchanter and SK on Blue.

It can be tough to play my SK because he feels not nearly as strong as my Enchanter.

Both are high responsibility classes, and the constant stress of Charm breaking gets old.

I've been wanting to play Bard, I might do that. Still have the responsibility of CC but without the Charm-pet stress.

That or roll a damage-oriented class.

And if I do that it will probably be a Wizard or Necromancer.
Gnome, of course.

Barring those, a Human Druid.

And any of my non-Necro will worship Quellious or perhaps Karana, like my Enchanter.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:16 AM
Sarnak

Everyone will post anything but druid, necro or mage, but we'll know everyone will be rolling a druid, necro or mage come launch.