Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

View Poll Results: What should the Roleplay Guild Name be?
In Tenebris Nos Esse - In Darkness We Exist 7 28.00%
Vox Dei - Voice of God 1 4.00%
Vox Populi - Voice of The People 4 16.00%
Magnum Opus - Great Work 1 4.00%
Ignotus - Unknown 6 24.00%
Simul Sicut Unus 2 8.00%
Black Lotus 4 16.00%
Fellowship Of The Black Lotus 8 32.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Aviak

Default Roleplay guild

[[ This is just an inquiry.

Are there any other fellow roleplayers out there? Would you join a roleplay guild, where loot doesn't even come into your mind, you just want to run groups in dungeons and other various group settings and enjoy your play time in project 1999, taking you back to the old days of EQ where you addressed each other in guild chat as M'Lord and M'Lady?

No powerlevelers min maxing I gotta have the best of the best, I get pixels erryday here take a look at a picture of my 12 inch pixelated member, yes dat VP sword.

If you would be interested let me know here what ideas you have for guild ruleset, or if you don't want to post here wreck my inbox!!

Thanks for your time ]]

[[ EDIT: Even if you have No previous Rp experience, and would be interested let me know! ]]

[[ UPDATE

In the next week I will be adding a list of names here, next to them a brief description of what each one means. Around the end of the week I will close name finding and put to a poll each name here. It will then narrow down to the final 4 names which I will write a basic story on and put it down to a final vote off.

Check back regularly as there will be more added each day:

In Tenebris Nos Esse - In Darkness We Exist
Vox Dei - Voice of God
Vox Populi - Voice of the People
Magnum Opus - Great work
Ignotus (ign.) - Unknown
Simul Sicut Unus - Together as One
Black Lotus
Fellowship Of The Black Lotus

]]

Brother Hayle shouts, 'All hail Aegnarion, wielder of Soulfire!'

Follow my Adventures through Norrath!
Last edited by Aegnarion; 11-07-2012 at 11:27 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Chellsea Spork of Koada'Dal approves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

i approve although i dont have time to level a char on here. i wish you the best.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

I've run into a fair amount of people who would be into this kind of thing, and I've thought about trying to do it.

One problem is people's styles of roleplaying can differ dramatically. Me, for instance... I write stories occasionally on the forums but I very rarely ever roleplay in-game. It's also questionable to enforce a certain style of speech: why would someone call Kuriak m'lord when for the bulk of his career he was a wretched squire, pawn, knave, and a member of a lower order of iksar. Frankly, speaking in Ye Olde Englishe isn't relevant to my perception of most of EQ lore.

Another problem is, some degree of min/maxing and roleplaying needn't be mutually exclusive. I've been playing MMO's for most of my life, and playing them well and succeeding brings me just as much satisfaction as building an identity around my iksar shadowknight. I might become frustrated if the guild had zero or little standards for performance. Enchanter just doesn't like to mez, but I'm forced to group with him? It pains me to be so cynical, but... meh.

I'd definitely love to see something like this get off the ground, I just think it would be difficult. I know I'd sure as hell be down to join and give it a try though.
Last edited by Ephirith; 10-26-2012 at 09:18 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Aviak

I would join, and be happy to help in any way I could, but I can't guarantee I would stay in the guild once I got to be 50+. Need to do some raiding, you know? :P
Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnbow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would join, and be happy to help in any way I could, but I can't guarantee I would stay in the guild once I got to be 50+. Need to do some raiding, you know? :P
well oon FV there are raiding RP guilds... maybe they gms could make a p99 purple jsut for RP'ers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephirith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've run into a fair amount of people who would be into this kind of thing, and I've thought about trying to do it.

One problem is people's styles of roleplaying can differ dramatically. Me, for instance... I write stories occasionally on the forums but I very rarely ever roleplay in-game. It's also questionable to enforce a certain style of speech: why would someone call Kuriak m'lord when for the bulk of his career he was a wretched squire, pawn, knave, and a member of a lower order of iksar. Frankly, speaking in Ye Olde Englishe isn't relevant to my perception of most of EQ lore.

Another problem is, some degree of min/maxing and roleplaying needn't be mutually exclusive. I've been playing MMO's for most of my life, and playing them well and succeeding brings me just as much satisfaction as building an identity around my iksar shadowknight. I might become frustrated if the guild had zero or little standards for performance. Enchanter just doesn't like to mez, but I'm forced to group with him? It pains me to be so cynical, but... meh.

I'd definitely love to see something like this get off the ground, I just think it would be difficult. I know I'd sure as hell be down to join and give it a try though.
[[
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

First of all, the guild would have to have back-story... and being that i'm a Holy Paladin, if I roll the rule-set based on that it would of course have to be a 'Good aligned' guild, although if your race is not considered 'good' be good at heart. However if you break away from MY specific alignment then I think it could be agreed the back-story could be wrote entirely on the fence, not good/ not bad. Again this is something the few that start it off would need to come to an agreement on, if it was to be on the fence, perhaps there could be a reason all these strange beings from different circles of life formed together? Just an idea there.

Secondly, I have never been in a full blown RP guild. I was always on what you consider 'Light RP' I guess. Well anyways the guild I was in it didn't matter on race/back-story, you are part of an alliance, a guild now, you address each other in the formal manner (And with some respect! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ). However this could perhaps not be considered a full time full-blown RP guild, the population is far far too small for niche markets here. Obviously though full-blown RP will be encouraged, and as always, even if you do not role-play a lot get some [[ ]] ( ) going on to indicate you are not in-character.

Thirdly, when I say no min-maxing I didn't mean for example say the guild enchanter doesn't like mezzing, pretty straight up the guy would be playing totally the wrong class, this wouldn't be acceptable. However when I say min-maxing, I mean people who are what you might call hardcore? Gotta have every best-in-slot, I rolled ogre war for frontal stun immunity bla bla you get the picture, that's cool and all bro, but I'm here to have fun and enjoy the journey of the game, not be the best I can. I would like to think the people joining the guild take their character seriously in terms of naming/race/class choice. I wouldn't have stupid names allowed to join the guild "Hugefaggot" "Iama Beast" "Oldmcdonald hadafarm" (lol), I would like to see atleast a fantasy oriented name, even if you don't take the time to research some stuff to create one. Things such as NBG that a lot of people seem to have issues with, I just couldn't have a member who would rather make a quick buck than give his pal something that will enhance his experience.

Fourth and finally. We would have standards, oh yes. Although we obviously wouldn't be the biggest raid force, taking down trak every week etc I would hope we had enough of a core to at-least do some planes raiding ( when ? I don't really know even how long it would take to get to that stage ). Nothing to say there aren't anything out there that wouldn't want to make an alliance with you, either. I would hope though, that the members would be more interested in enjoying experiences together making dungeon teams and the like, rather than thinking about raid loot 24/7

Just a lot of my opinions right out there in the open, feel free to pick 'em apart!

]]

Brother Hayle shouts, 'All hail Aegnarion, wielder of Soulfire!'

Follow my Adventures through Norrath!
Last edited by Aegnarion; 10-27-2012 at 03:50 AM..
Old 10-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

want a fresh start? come to pvp server, join this new up and coming guild [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...919#post755919
offering some gear leveling assistance.. pvp >
Old 10-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Aviak

Well, I definitely want to join, and if we're doing some light planes raiding in 6 months or so (even with other guilds), I'd be happy. My character is a dark elf cleric of Innoruuk, so I'm not sure how that fits into the "good guy" theme, but we can get creative :P

I don't get really into RP, and don't do the []() things. I can jump in and out of character at random, but what's wrong with being several different people at once? The "M'Lady" stuff shouldn't be forced either, imo. There's no one right way to roleplay!
folk singers sing songs for the working, baby

we're just recreation for all those doctors and lawyers
there's no relief for the bleeding heart
'cause they'll be losing bodies tonight
Old 10-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

It could turn into a brother/sister guild. Have a good aligned and an evil aligned guild.

I'm far too evil minded to ever roll a paladin, a ranger or a druid...picking a cleric meant I had to roll either a dark elf or an evil erudite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Perhaps the two could collide outside the EC tunnel every now and then, for some live roleplay, duels etc. Just some thoughts, I think it would be great if there's enough interest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread