Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya, it would be a bit of a hike. I would level up to 10 and then split my time in-between farming and Orc camp groups in EC. Going rate for bone chips is about 10p per stack, Spiderling silks are 20p a stack, HQ bear skins go for 25ish, MQ and LQ bear skins are 1-5p per. Cat and wolf skins can be worth some too but I don't really have a solid price on those and they seem to vary more. I hope that helps.

With any luck you will meet a kind person or two that will help you with gear but it always feels better to earn the stuff yourself. I'm only 24 on my main but I spent some time farming stuff and made probably 2-3k total.
This guy did it right. I think on my first character, I didnt break 1k until mid 30's lol. But then again, I focused entirely on leveling.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Large Rat

Ah, right, meant to ask. Is there any way I can bank outside of Oggok/Grobb without getting invis potions for Freeport? Am I acceptable in Neriak?
Old 01-28-2014, 06:57 AM
Planar Protector

Once you hit your 20s form groups in Solusek's eye.

You're looking at nearly 100pp an hour if you are killing fast and make occasional vendor runs. You'll quickly make money to buy some decent equipment.

Alternatively try make some solid friends while levelling up and in your 20s work on the crafted armour quests. You can complete the set by level 30, most of the drops are from good xp spots.

The number one thing you want is a good set of weapons. If you are going to EC weapons are your first priority. Even if you are a 'do it yourself' kinda guy weapons are worth making the concession on and buying. If you insist on hunting for your own weapons the Iksar Beserker Club is pretty easy to acquire from Kurns tower in your teens. 7/18 ratio and procs a decent enough melee buff.

For the offhand, as procs are done on swing checks, not swing attempts (i.e. your offhand can proc even if you failed to make a swing) it is worth using a proc weapon until you get your dual wield skill up. The polished granite tomahawk procs a str/rune effect which generates a bit of AoE aggro and pads your tanking ability.

With the changes to the rogue epic, I am not sure if this last piece of advice is still good, but while you are around the commonlands area remember to /who all kith often. If it looks like there are a few high level players gathering there it might be worth popping in to try grab a rotting Scimitar of Ykesha.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Large Rat

Thanks for the time you took to write that out Jimjam!

I am a do-it-yourself type, but I've had to come to terms with the fact that earning the money and buying the better items are close enough. I got a port from a lovely druid to WC at level 3 to save me a hell of a run and decided to do my early levels in Nektulos as there seemed to be an abundance of bears and spiders. I just hit 6 before I logged off earlier, having earned just enough money from bone chips, silks, and pelts to buy myself a Green Jade Broadsword, which seemed like a pretty solid investment.

Next goal is Banded, or maybe Bronze. Guess it depends what I can find.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Best bet is to beg in EC. With buffs from the traders you can bang out to 10 pretty quick. Can sometimes snag some meh'ish equipment, too.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleGaming [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the time you took to write that out Jimjam!

I am a do-it-yourself type, but I've had to come to terms with the fact that earning the money and buying the better items are close enough. I got a port from a lovely druid to WC at level 3 to save me a hell of a run and decided to do my early levels in Nektulos as there seemed to be an abundance of bears and spiders. I just hit 6 before I logged off earlier, having earned just enough money from bone chips, silks, and pelts to buy myself a Green Jade Broadsword, which seemed like a pretty solid investment.

Next goal is Banded, or maybe Bronze. Guess it depends what I can find.
Bronze tends to be a bit harder to find for Ogres cause people don't hunt much where the large stuff drops. Shouldn't matter too much at the low levels, snag some banded and 5ac/55hp rings and a couple good weapons. Focus more on good dmg/delay ratios for now and don't worry about procs until 38+ when you can get Yak procs, mobs will be melting pretty fast so you'll very rarely hold agro on any individual one anyways via procs.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Large bronze seems to be a bitch to get. Me and a buddy were hunting the ogre priests/guards in WK and I think maybe 2 pieces of large bronze dropped in about 4-5 hours.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Skeleton

Welcome to the server! If you are still in feerrottt and would like to travel to WC I can pick you up for a port to EC then we can run to WFP for a bind (ogres can bind there) courtesy of <Dial A Port>. I would recommend traveling to EC just to have more peeps to hang with! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll be on after 6 est. I recently started here and am having a blast!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Rolling an ogre is probably my favourite, and the noobie hunting grounds are probably the easiest.

-The BEST way to level up, and get good farm is to duo with a solid cleric, shaman, or druid, I found groups to be way slower, and much less profitable with plat. They are fun to change it up with once in awhile. Just make friends with good priests coming up through the ranks.

Run to grobb, get a bind from a higher level on his way to guk. Farm innothule swamp, its quiet, tons of mobs, lots of help from high levels going to guk, and its QUIET!!! lots of space and solitude for your early farming. Farm level 1-3 on the early trash, then move further up the right wall exiting grobb, and there is an island with varying levels of frogloks and froglok fishermen, you can get to level 4-5, around 5 you can start hunting the entrance to upper guk plus the fishermen, if you can get some sweet buffs you can go into guk and kill all the entrance frogs and this will take you to 10, they drop gems and you can farm up a pretty decent little cache of shit to sell. See if you can get a fine steel 2hs from drops in guk, people will most likely gladly part with one to help you out as its only a few plat to a vendor, and having a solid 2hs 1-10 makes life muuuuch simpler lol.

At level 10, the world becomes your oyster, go pair up with a shaman or a cleric, can do oasis till 20, najena is a good dungeon to clear in the mid teens plus you can get large bronze armour, around 20-30 sol a is phenomenal exp and cash if you can find a good group, the gnomes take no magic damage so if you have a melee heavy group you can get to 30 easy here, plus its decent plat farm. At level 30, you can farm misty thicket guards just past rivervale, hell even late 20's you can do it, there's 6 you can kill on around 8 minute timers and they drop 10 plat staffs, just need a solid cleric or shaman, its awwweeesome coin, and great exp, just make an assling mule to sell the staffs. This is when you will start making some serious coin which will help with your items and gear.

mid 30's -40 is kind of tough, just take what you can get, 40-50 you can do king room in solb, probably the easiest grindfest to 50.

50-53 you can do karnors, but I think that place sucks, once again the FASTEST exp ever I found there, it was truely insane, was in the woods near chardok. I don't feel like looking it up but warsilisk woods I think its called? Next to the overthere, and chardok, where there's forest giants? There is a stone crater pit there with giant bee's, they spawn really fast, are easy as hell to pull, and give ridiculously fast exp compared to groups, they just have no drops. It's also safer than the giant fort as you don't get crazy ad's or sarnaks that fuck you up on single pulls as a duo.

Places to stay away from as an ogre warrior
-mistmoore, far away, no evil guildmasters, can only sell to druid, and fucks with dark elf faction
-unrest, for similar reasons as above, the time it takes to get there, and to get back to your guildmasters isn't worth the mediocre exp and groups you will find there
-kunark, its fun, but once again limited options, and a bitch to get to and from until you are at least 30.

Items that carried me through to 50, these are the cheap easily attainable ones
-axe of the slayer / slayers axe? Can't remember the name, it should be cheap if you can find one, it pops a 50 damage rune shield which is huge for duoing as it gives you regular heals, and it has a solid damage / delay
-executioner axe, awesome damage / delay
-obsidian shard, might be thinking of something else, but I think this is the low level proccing item that is cheap, and good at keeping aggro early levels
-ykesha club / axe
-set of crafted armour, cheap, and awesome until you get indicolite and or cobalt
-grotesque mask for proccing
-fbss at some point when you can afford it, unless you can get lucky and get belt of contention from plane of sky if anyone still raids that at all.

I found that for duoing up until around 45+ that 2hs were the most effective, especially if you can get the slayers axe which should only go for a few hundred plat.

That's the best, quick advice I can give on leveling up an ogre warrior, its what I did with Bashndash. Also najena has items for 2 of your crafted armour pieces too! Anyways, good luck : )

Oh and don't go to neriak / nektulos wood for early farm, that place sucks lol. Stick to innothule swamp till 10, easy farm, easy merchant, easy bind, only 3 places you can go as an evil ogre and neriak isn't really close to anything lucrative in the noobie stages of the game, but in the mid teens the dark elf city is a decent place to bind and set up operations on your grind to 30.

Cheers!

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Last edited by bled12345; 01-28-2014 at 02:21 PM..
Old 01-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the advice!

Neriak just happened to be close to EC, and i picked up a port to there pretty early. Was thinking about heading back to Guk though.