Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

Default Coming back but what melee?

I am a long time player of EQ played till just after PoP and took a break then off and on for years after that. Live does not have that old EQ feel. So I figured I would try P99.

I used to play a bard and had a blast but was reading something about they are unable or its very hard to Charm/swarm (not PBAE) kite on P99 is this true? This was my favorite way to level grab about 20mobs, charm one, send it in, invis, kill low HP mob ect.. If this is still possible I may roll with a bard again. Thanks for any help/comments.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bcobra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a long time player of EQ played till just after PoP and took a break then off and on for years after that. Live does not have that old EQ feel. So I figured I would try P99.

I used to play a bard and had a blast but was reading something about they are unable or its very hard to Charm/swarm (not PBAE) kite on P99 is this true? This was my favorite way to level grab about 20mobs, charm one, send it in, invis, kill low HP mob ect.. If this is still possible I may roll with a bard again. Thanks for any help/comments.
It works, but stack some CHA, charm breaks fast. I'm only at 94 CHA and it breaks alot after the first or second tick(6-12 seconds) even tho the duration is 3 ticks(18sec), depends on the lvl of the mob and CHA.
Last edited by smygel; 02-02-2015 at 04:47 AM..
Old 02-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Kobold

I can't verify if it is still this way or has been fixed, but I seem to recall several posts about how the mobs do not social aggro correctly on the charmed mob, and only the mob that your pet attacks will hit your pet, the rest will just keep chasing you, but I have not tried in quite some time so I cannot verify. Haynar has been doing some good work so this may be fixed.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

You know what, i stand corrected.

I did a AOE train in OT, and i got a sabertooth tiger with the bunch. I charmed it and sent it into a cockatrice hoping all the cockatrice would engage. And what do you know! just a handful of cockatrice stopped, sometimes just the one i attack with the charmed one.

I remember doing it with just cockatrice one time and i guess i got lucky and they all stopped and killed the charmed one.

huh....
Closed Thread