Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Figured it was the 3rd person lack of see invis thing. I did notice that when I was playing around on my rogue.
100% that tbh. We're invis so much. Immersion ruined without it.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Aviak

Haha missed a backstab or two from hide early on, the see invis would definitely help. Any recommendations on a cheap haste item? Cecily I did manage to do hero bracer quest, my strength is like 140 unbuffed at 17. Shouldn't be too hard to get it to 183, half my gear has no str on it

Aabdel - Wood Elf Rogue
Abdell - Half Elf Ranger
Meladei - Half Elf Bard
<Storm Watch>
Old 07-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aabdel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha missed a backstab or two from hide early on, the see invis would definitely help. Any recommendations on a cheap haste item? Cecily I did manage to do hero bracer quest, my strength is like 140 unbuffed at 17. Shouldn't be too hard to get it to 183, half my gear has no str on it
I'm guessing FBSS is the cheapest haste item. See it for 8-9k usually. CoF/RBG type stuff is super expensive. Can't think of lower end haste besides FBSS.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

could always try to get lucky with a hangmans noose
Old 07-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Really... I'd say haste isn't too worth it. Or rather, getting a low end haste item isn't worth it. Considering the cost disparity between low-end haste and Ragebringer MQ.

FBSS / Sash of the Dragonborn are the only 2 haste items that cost less than a Ragebringer.

You could try to buy one and then liquidate it to buy a Ragebringer MQ I suppose.

If I were you I'd pick pocket the parchments at low levels, do the turnins up to Renux, find someone to help you kill Renux, maybe in exchange for the Skean / Ravenscale pieces. Then get some help on General in exchange for a shot at an EoN. If you get extremely lucky and get Quill you're done with epic after asking 1-2 people to help you on Renux and getting a few groups or tagging onto a guild's General run. If not you can spend the 8-9k you were gonna spend on an FBSS and buy an SMR/Kedge/Ishva/Oracle.

That's probably what I would do if I were a new rogue here.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Aviak

Thanks Daldaen. I think part of me is hesitant to go straight for the epic only because I love the prospect of gearing up, especially when it comes to getting new weapons. If I do decide to go that route, however, it would be a while since I'm a lowbie with very little to offer in exchange. I have to imagine tagging along with another guilds run at kith mobs is unlikely, only because I feel the whole reason they'd be farming those is for MQ pieces

Aabdel - Wood Elf Rogue
Abdell - Half Elf Ranger
Meladei - Half Elf Bard
<Storm Watch>
Old 07-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

You could always ninja loot a hooded black cloak too like that Twin guy did.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could always ninja loot a hooded black cloak too like that Twin guy did.
He's selling it in EC for 3.2k! Saw him auction it yesterday or this morning.
Closed Thread