Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 01:47 AM
Kobold

Gnoll hide lariat

Done
Old 09-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

gnoll hide lariat helps. but it is still dependent, although less so, on your connection. You still have to move and turn to get behind the mob and if you have a shitty connection the mob will turn before you get your backstab off.

If you have a decent connection you're able to use the above strategy and are better off without the lariat and using a good dps weapon for better auto attack damage.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't take what he posted to heart, because it is mostly not correct. If it was 100% correct then this strategy would never ever work. And it does work, the majority of players on the server can make it work.

Your internet connection will of course effect your level of success on this strategy. Slow connections won't work very often. Fast connections work quite often. In between connections this thing works 25-50% of the time.

Regardless of your connection you should be trying this until its clear your connection sucks so bad it won't work.
----------------------

Ok, so basically you just said exactly what I just said, except gave no explanation of how or why and use no evidence to back up what you say; but somehow I'm wrong and you're right? Really? Then please explain to us "oh wise one" how you justify that?

You say that the majority of players on the server make this work with no problem as long as they have a fast connection. So you interviewed all these people? And what is a fast connection in your opinion? Fast connection can mean 100 different things.
Like, chipset on the network card, DSL modem, Cable modem, Satellite, distance from nearest router to ATM switch, weather conditions for wireless and underground wire routes, ping rate, general consumer traffic in your area, number of people sharing a connection, etc...
See what I did there? I gave examples and evidence to explain HOW and WHY players here may get vastly different results. I never said it didn't work.

It would be nice if people who don't know what their talking about actually help the community by not posting incorrect information and letting people who do have a clue, actually help people with their questions.

Sorry, got upset a bit. Just irks me when people who think they know something tries to make themselves seem all-knowing by challenging people with actual education in the subject matter.
Meh, whatever I guess.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

i used to use the move forward move back method but lately i'm having more success with using mouse run forward, quick spin 180 with mouse then stab.

also this way my back is exposed less. with move forward move back, sometimes you'd get stunned witha bash and they'd attack you from behind. was nasty when that happened on pirates in fv.

p.s. it never works every time, but with move forward/back it was maybe 25%. with move and spin it's closer to 50% for me. My latency is usually around 330ms
Old 09-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Excellent question OP!

I don't do this often, but when I do, I position myself behind the mob so that when it begins to melee you its position gets locked facing away from you. You backup and stab before it completes its attack round. Not easy to pull off and might cause you actually lose damage screwing up and take more with your back exposed. Really hate doing it, would much rather just straight up whittle something down or fear kite. But my gear allows me a little more flexibility with taking hits.

Caster mobs are frankly better targets for rogues solo. You NEED to be able to resist their nukes, but they tend to have lower HP and if you have spell particles on you get zero risk, guaranteed BS attempts.
Last edited by Cecily; 09-25-2014 at 12:02 AM..
Closed Thread