Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

The sisters in lesser fay are more than likely one of the best lowbie cash camps.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Any of the lesser fay bandit camps are great, really, not just sisters.

On Red I would charm one of the non-sister bandits, invis it, run it to the sister camp to shank the sister farmer and take their money. I don't know if people still do L Fay on red, but it worked for me!
Old 12-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any of the lesser fay bandit camps are great, really, not just sisters.

On Red I would charm one of the non-sister bandits, invis it, run it to the sister camp to shank the sister farmer and take their money. I don't know if people still do L Fay on red, but it worked for me!
lol evil
Old 12-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Large Rat

I met a druid the other day who told me selling morning dew was a good early-game money making strategy. Perhaps my foraging is not high enough, but I have not found it easy to get this stuff. I have only gotten one so far.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol evil
Yes, red used to be a great place to play at low levels.

Once we formed a highway robber crew. 3 of us would walk up on sisters and demand 'your money or your life'.

One time, someone didn't give us their money, so we killed them and took it. Not long later, a level 1 high elf wizard flew past us (we had started farming sisters) followed by a horde of kos dark elf npcs!

We had got trained!

Being irregular red players, we didn't realise it wasn't in the culture of the server to petition. So we petitioned. Never saw the guy we strung up or that level 1 wizard again. Whoops.

Anyway, Red was awesome for low level hijinx, but that got killed when the accelerated xp got added in.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgglooV2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I met a druid the other day who told me selling morning dew was a good early-game money making strategy. Perhaps my foraging is not high enough, but I have not found it easy to get this stuff. I have only gotten one so far.
They are pretty rare, but they do sell for good money.

Kesara 48 Cleric <Black Hearts>

https://blackhearts.vbulletin.net/
Old 12-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

I leveled my first char (a monk) and started making a decent business with DF belts in my 20s. I would go to Sro and slaughter orcs for a couple hours and go back to ec and sell 100+ belts then just rinse and repeat. After that I leveled in sol A from 25-43 or so, collecting a good amount of money while doing so (buying fbss and a few other items). After a few more levels and getting epic I went back to sol A and farmed goblins and got a ton of charred guardian shields/impskin gloves/molten cloaks/lava pendants and those items pre Velious sold for a good amount. After about 2 weeks I made about 50k and bought my level 3 shaman his epic.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:11 AM
Aviak

I've got 5 Polar Bear skins for sale. I've had them almost 2 weeks and there's no interest in them.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I leveled my first char (a monk) and started making a decent business with DF belts in my 20s. I would go to Sro and slaughter orcs for a couple hours and go back to ec and sell 100+ belts then just rinse and repeat. After that I leveled in sol A from 25-43 or so, collecting a good amount of money while doing so (buying fbss and a few other items). After a few more levels and getting epic I went back to sol A and farmed goblins and got a ton of charred guardian shields/impskin gloves/molten cloaks/lava pendants and those items pre Velious sold for a good amount. After about 2 weeks I made about 50k and bought my level 3 shaman his epic.
8x hand-made backpack full of DS belts minus 2 slots for food/drink is 78 belts... how can you sell 100+ each couple hours? I loved Sro orcs for that same reason (and they are always open) but I sense some exaggeration in your post.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Qeynos guide: Step 1. Leave Qeynos, get to Freeport
'
terrible advice if you are wanting what the OP asked for. "money early on"

qeynos and connecting zones are the best in the game for early plat. Its the land of opportunity. pelts from rabid animals 2-4 plat(always drops), kill the gnoll hunter in QH every chance you get, the quest completion can get you up to 8 plat ( but it is random). bandit sashes and bronze weapons ( this is the worst of the 3 but still good.) i can make more money with rabid animals than bandit sashes. moving on to NK kill wisps for GLS and do quest and sell book for 10plat a pop.

start in Qeynos and don't leave the Karanas until you've become a junior tycoon. I stopped at this message.....sorry if someone said the same thing deeper in the thread.
Closed Thread