Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

ALS is about challenging your self. not about getting silver chitin wraps easier
Old 11-01-2017, 08:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perissh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun idea maybe, but the internal economy will be lacking a lot of decent items, for a long time. Since there are toons that are in that guild and are not twinking as their rules dictate, it will make it so that no one is going to be selling any high-end items (Fungi, CoF) because they need them for themselves. They will not be spending time sitting at these overcamped spawns waiting for multiple copies of a rare item, to try and sell them internally to people who won't have the money to pay for them, since they cant sell outside of their guild.

I get the idea of the guild, but to say you cant buy from people outside of the guild because its considered twinking... It's not considered twinking if you earned the money yourself. I keep seeing this guild pushed on all of these new toons to the server before those people realize what else is out there. That's going to make new players think it is harder than it actually is to get loot, and will make people leave.

I got Crystal Chitin Handwraps after a few days of farming on my level 30 toon. It took me maybe 10 minutes in EC to get my pair. Getting that same pair to a person new to the server, that can only buy loot from his guildies is going to take a LOT longer.
Go to the ALS website and read their rules, you've missed like 90% of the rules, and it's causing you to draw some bizarre conclusions. ALS rules are far more strict than you're implying here.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:36 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you just take a break from posting for a while?
Old 11-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perissh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun idea maybe, but the internal economy will be lacking a lot of decent items, for a long time. Since there are toons that are in that guild and are not twinking as their rules dictate, it will make it so that no one is going to be selling any high-end items (Fungi, CoF) because they need them for themselves. They will not be spending time sitting at these overcamped spawns waiting for multiple copies of a rare item, to try and sell them internally to people who won't have the money to pay for them, since they cant sell outside of their guild.

I get the idea of the guild, but to say you cant buy from people outside of the guild because its considered twinking... It's not considered twinking if you earned the money yourself. I keep seeing this guild pushed on all of these new toons to the server before those people realize what else is out there. That's going to make new players think it is harder than it actually is to get loot, and will make people leave.
YOU may not consider it twinking, but that doesn't matter. You say you 'get the idea of the guild' but I don't think you do.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Sarnak

Newsflash: I can advertise a backpack for 5k in /auction and there's nothing you can do about it.

Shits classic baby
Old 11-02-2017, 04:32 AM
Planar Protector

Having been here for several years I can verify prices are coming down for most goods. Fungi fluctuates all the time but it has steadily dropped over the years.

Some items have gone up, but that has more to do with changes in both supply and demand. Using 2 monk weapons as examples:

TStaff demand has gone up, relative supply is the same. Price went up.
Stave of Shielding demand the same, new supply tanked after aoe nerf. Was 1.5k now closer to 5k.

Other examples:
-velious armor gems now much cheaper
-torpor was 120k+ now under 100k
-emissary of Thule was 15-20k now 7-9k
-FBSS was 7-10k now 3-4K
-SCHW was well over 5-6k, now 1.5-2k

List goes on and on.

Certain items like CoF and Fungi will always hold value and stay pricey

Rare items that no longer drop will always be ridiculously expensive.

It’s not a fat cat thing, it’s just p99 economics.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Earning money yourself and buying a piece of gear on the toon you earned the money on, is not twinking.

Earning money on a level 60 toon and buying gear for a level 1 toon, is twinking.

But you can try to spin it however you want.
Lol who made you the authority on what twinking means? Other people have different definitions. What makes yours the only correct choice?
Old 11-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you just take a break from posting for a while?
how dare you suggest such a thing, this is Swish's padawan learner show some respect.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Earning money yourself and buying a piece of gear on the toon you earned the money on, is not twinking.

Earning money on a level 60 toon and buying gear for a level 1 toon, is twinking.

Yes but your plat goes a lot farther with the modern economy than the microcosm ALS is trying to re-create. They're trying to have a more classic run through the game on a server which is bloated with low to medium end gear that is dirt cheap.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:

I daresay you're being unnecessarily defensive about this.

For the record most people in Auld do not consider buying things with money you earned on that character "twinking". It does however, trivialize the game in two ways:

1) you'll be wearing items that drop from higher level areas that your character could not have obtained on their own, thus you'll be more powerful than you ought to be for a given level

2) you'll never have an opportunity to loot your own gear from mobs you kill because you'll certainly already be wearing better stuff bought from the market

Members of Auld enjoy the challenge of gearing up in a classic way, before the market for good items became so saturated that they were practically given away.
Closed Thread