Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 07:32 PM
Banned

No it doesn’t lol^
Old 11-26-2017, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a ranger ffs!
Well, people say this, but we all really know it is not 'range' as in 'fights from a distance', but 'range' as in 'walks around looking for photogenic animals to take selfies with'.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It suprises you that after 2 decades they figured out how to balance the classes?

Should be more surprising that despite that, they managed to fuck up so much of what makes Everquest good that were here.
No, it doesn't surprise me. I didn't say I was surprised.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Fix knight hit tables, make soulfire paladin click only #bluethangs
Old 11-27-2017, 12:19 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Let's hope Pantheon gives warriors a little more love than the autoattack button. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You know that the same coke fiend that made EQ is also making Pantheon, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it's strange, but I think most people that play a ranger wish the class had a little more fun with their bows. No one disputes the "good stuff" they do in groups. I also am pretty sure the majority of us actually are fully aware what the ranger brings to a group, that doesn't stop us from wishing they did more with their bows. It's a ranger ffs!
Sure, I was just talking about the viable part, not what would be fun. AM3+EQ was the best thing that ever happened, I loved it.

But I disagree about everybody being 'fully aware what the ranger brings to a group'. Or rather, I should say they *think* they know what a Ranger brings to the group, namely mediocre DPS and frequent corpses. There's a lot more than that going on to a well played ranger in a group.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

I'd make pretty much every class change that they have over in Shards of Dalaya, if the option was available
Old 11-27-2017, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Cuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes it does, I was hoping someone would make a luclin emu server and a red server to go with it but nobody has any nuts

its just more pop servers all day long that peak at 50
Yeap, Al'Kabor on Live was the total jam.

RIP
Old 11-27-2017, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

First of all, why is no one listing Mage as an unpopular class? I hardly ever saw them in groups leveling up.

I like the charm changes mentioned but would add a few spins:
Enchanter = Humanoid
Necro = Undead
Magician = Elementals
Shaman = Constructs (such as muddites / golems, stuff with an 'earth / clay' type theme)
Druids = Animals
Bards = Remove charm all together or level cap it to <35

Class Specific help:
Wizard - Basically all that has been mentioned with crits and better sustained DPS. I think lore wise they used runes and stuff to enhance items and use for protection. Would be nice to allow them a specific tradeskill such as 'Rune making'. Could create some sweet self-only gear, as well as some tradeable pieces (maybe even a DA idol type of thing, some focus items, or FT1&2 type items... maybe FT3/4/5 self only items). I think also allowing them to cast +mana buffs that are superior to GoB would be a good idea (say +300 mana), even with a small +2/tick mana regen that is stackable with all other spells. I think they got this in later expansions.

Mage - Improve monster summoning, should be able to inherit some abilities with it. Could make for some amazing pets. Also improve summoned / temporary items. Summoning even a 10% haste item at lower levels could make them more valuable for newb groups, and even improve haste summoned items at higher levels (say 30% haste at level 49, I dare say even 40% at level 60). Adding charm to elementals (again added later) and adding more elementals to zones could be a huge help. Unresistable slow line of spells against elementals also fits well.

Ranger - Always thought they should have a pet line of spells that can improve their bow abilities (Eagle = better accuracy, Wolf = more damage, Snake = DoT / Snare). Pet would do some melee dps as well. Spell line to add procs to their bow, and self-only haste spell just affecting bow speed / atk power.

Paladins - Should really have fear immunity, big raid utility on some mobs there. Group buffs that are in the 'Bane' line of spells against undead. Would be cool to have a pet that is a squire to help do some DPS. Squire may also be able to absorb a % of damage for the paladin and maybe can have a chance to sacrifice himself to absorb the killing blow against the paladin.

Shadowknights - I always liked these guys, not sure what to change exactly. Higher proc lifetap line could help to self heal and mitigate damage. Maybe have a spell that absorbs life from group members like a reverse DoT to help in tanking big targets. Could make for some synergy in group construction.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Shadowknight is a really fun class. The problem is that they struggle to tank raid mobs because they don't have a defensive disc. I say add a riposte lifetap disc that lasts like 30 seconds or so to allow them to quickly off tank adds or position the big dragons for the warrior tanks.