Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Default I know what I want as an Alt, but not a main!

Ive been class indecisive for weeks, I made myself a Rallos Zek Halfling female warrior who is awesome to play but I am not too geared on her, so I was thinking I might want a supportive main for her. I have no idea why I took to warrior, but usually I like being a healer, a support, or a tank, and usually not a DPS.

Part of me wants to main a DE or Human Karana Cleric (I like karana), or a Human Karana Druid (one of the few items to my name is a Robe of Living fungus so these are sort of top picks)

However.. part of me also thinks I should do Bard or Enchanter. I remember very well the complex mechanics. Even a distant choice is a Ranger.

However, I hear Druids and Rangers are pretty awful and always will be on server lifespan. Part of me wants to solo, but I think I prefer the grouping game.

I'm so indecisive of my supporting main for that warrior Alt.

Anything that I might consider in regards to matching something up with the warrior as an alt? (They are both same account so I don't mean a duo with them)
Old 03-27-2017, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

I would stay away from making a Cleric your only other character. If you do that, then you're stuck with two classes (Warrior and Cleric) that are both extremely group dependent in order to play EQ.

You want to have something you can hop on and solo when you can't find a group on your Warrior as well as farm gear for your Warrior to use. Shaman, Druid, or Enchanter would be good.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

for me, mage was the most logical choice. i'm only level 16 but it's been mostly solo with next to no gear.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:14 AM
Fire Giant

Another class that's nice to solo is necro. Pretty relaxed game play and you always have that nice FD spell to get you out of trouble. Pretty great in groups as well if you are able to adjust yourself to it and not do the same solo stuff in a group.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:07 AM
Banned

You are thinking of things in the wrong context - "twinking" can honestly only get you so far in EQ. After level 46 you start collecting No-Drop gear, you have access to the planes and can theoretically start getting velious armor drops from Kael/ToV/Thurg.

So keep in mind that once you get 45+ all your twink gear will start to become pretty worthless compared to the No-Drop loot available. If you want to make a warrior you would be far better off leveling the warrior up and spending whatever cash you get on him rather than building a druid up and trying to twink the war
Old 03-28-2017, 09:08 AM
Banned

I do however recommend having 2 characters to play. Warrior and Enchanter would make you pretty popular
Old 03-28-2017, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks everyone for replies! Great considerations by all. Only class I know I won't play is necro because that was my live class with almost a year played time. I played from 99 to 04 so I remember a lot but forgot a lot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2017, 10:35 AM
Banned

Shaman is one of the stronger solo classes and very strong in groups also, it can be annoying to buff on raids, but you'll be contributing there as well..

Can't really go wrong with it.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

I have a few mains and alts... lol this game is amazing b/c every class is extremely different. The things you should consider are:

1) Raid Role
2) Group Role
3) Solo Capabilities
4) Leveling