Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Choose the 'supress errors' option as I recall.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

Keylogger no thanks

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-17-2018, 07:57 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would love a way to separate out damage shields.
What do you mean by this?

Damage Shields are parsed as "Environmental" damage as they are not directly attributable to any PC or NPC.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:01 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyF86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you only support this for windows, but there is a large number (relatively) of people who run EQ under wine / mac. 1.0.3 works great under wine (along with EQ), but the latest version dies in a fireball (even on some windows machines) and here is why...if there is anyway you could update it sometime and catch this null pointer exception with an if check?
For various reasons (features, security) I recently updated the required .NET framework to 4.7.1. This affects version 1.5.2.14 and above.

Gamparse 1.0.3 used Framework 2.0 Versions 1.5.0.0 to 1.5.2.13 used Framework. 4.0.

I'm not sure what versions WINE supports, (I'm not terribly familiar with it) but it may just require an update of your .NET framework.

If it doesn't support 4.7.1, I'll see about using a lower version for you guys. No promises though.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keylogger no thanks
It's not a keylogger.

Don't use it if you don't want to, but don't spread shit either.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamParse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you mean by this?

Damage Shields are parsed as "Environmental" damage as they are not directly attributable to any PC or NPC.
must be a bug then cause it always reports me as having higher dps with damage shields on (specifically Kilva's Skin of Flame and Cadeau of Flame, haven't tried with any other dmg shields)
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:04 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
must be a bug then cause it always reports me as having higher dps with damage shields on (specifically Kilva's Skin of Flame and Cadeau of Flame, haven't tried with any other dmg shields)
That's not what I meant, sorry if I wasn't entirely clear.

Gamparse counts damage shield damage you or other players do, (Live EQ now shows damage shield hits for other players, not just yourself, I don't know if that change made it over here or not), however *EQ itself* does not attribute damage shield damage to the player despite what the log message says.

As an example: If you do 1000 damage to an NPC, and 100 of that damage is from a DS, EQ counts it as you doing 900 damage and 100 "environmental" damage. Thus if you are DPS-racing someone for kill credit, if they do 901 damage they will get kill credit and not you because EQ counts it as 900 vs 901, not 1000 vs 901.

This is why GamParse counts DS damage as "Environmental" in the breakdowns rather than counting it as non-melee or spell damage.

The person I was originally replying to said they wanted to separate out DS damage. I was trying to explain that it is already counted as a separate damage type, though it is ultimately counted together toward a player's total damage.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Also, I've been working on a lot of changes recently that I could use some help testing over here. As far as I know nothing *should* have a problem working over here, but since there is a lot of variety vs Live it's hard to be sure. Here is the relevant thread if you want to try it out:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...-x-beta.249915

You can either post there or here if you run into trouble.

The big changes are:

-Per-spell DoT breakdown. (Not sure if that will work here. It requires DoT damage to report to the user and to list the DoT's name in the message. Not sure that exists here).
-Improved Searche Tab
-Improved Live Fight Tab
-Pets will auto link to their owners. (Not sure if that will work here. It requires pets to have a unique name and not one of the randomly generated EQ names. Not sure that exists here).

One thing that affects these servers more than Live is the addition of an option to specify what server you are playing on. This is normally read from the logfile name (eqlog_playername_server.txt) but I've noticed that some servers don't seem to do that, (or people are renaming their logfiles differently). Having that set would help.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:31 AM
Banned

Good post and great utility tool for all our eq needs!
Old 06-22-2018, 07:42 PM
Skeleton

If there is anyone that plays on the Sanc (Sanctuary?) server can you tell me what the following titles mean:

Occultist
Summoner
Witch
Priest
Adventurer
Tamer
Alchemist

I'm assuming they are custom class titles. I can probably guess what most of them are, but it would be easier if someone could just tell me.

Also, a few other titles I'm not sure about:

Earthshaper
TemplarKnight
Augur
Magus
Avender
Thaumaturge
Vindicator
Nightblade
Stalker

I'm not sure what server has these, but if they sound familiar a translator would help.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:14 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DoT damage is reported as "$target has taken $n damage from your $spell" on P99 so it should work assuming you're parsing against that string.

Pets on P99 do not have unique names and use the generated EQ name list. You could maybe make it work by parsing /pet leader reports, e.g. Laser says, 'My leader is nyclin'
For DoTs it parses lines matching these examples:

[Tue Mar 29 17:54:15 2016] $Name has taken $Number damage from your $spell.
[Tue Mar 29 03:22:01 2016] $Name has taken $Number damage from $Name by $Spell.
[Tue Mar 29 15:56:25 2016] You have taken $Number damage from $Name by $Spell
[Tue May 16 12:52:10 2017] You have taken $Number damage from $Spell

Damage breakdowns of course only apply to the first two options as those are player -> NPC damage.

It does parse pet leader reports. To *save* the association between a pet and a player and remember that association when you start the program the pet needs to have a unique name. Otherwise Player X will own "Goner" forever, even if another player summons a pet with that name.
Closed Thread