Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 11:59 PM
Large Rat

Default New player questions

Hello

I played a rogue back on Fennin Ro in 99-2003 pretty intensely (I think my Mrylokars Dagger item submission is still up on Allakhazam) Decided to check out p99 finally but definitely as a casual. Never did PvP in live, so considering red but hear it's pretty empty. I have a couple questions:

What's the scene like for casual?
Any groups to be had at low - mid levels?
What classes are in demand on red?
Is sleeper still asleep on red? Hey maybe one day I get the key...

Thanks
Old 12-10-2017, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

What's the scene like for casual? for pvp doesnt exist. for exping its fine cause group bonus is insane. Also, be prepared to slay dragons at 3am with the same 30 people.
Any groups to be had at low - mid levels? You might find some it's either a completely terrible player or one of those 30 people running a secret alt...
What classes are in demand on red? make Rogue.. AOW 2018
Is sleeper still asleep on red? Hey maybe one day I get the key... He wide awake sorry you missed pre-empire days.

Don't worry about never doing pvp, cause there is like 10 pvp kills a day here. Have fun good luck.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:07 AM
Fire Giant

Fennin Ro was known as a weak server on live

You wont make it here sorry
Old 12-10-2017, 05:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fennin Ro was known as a weak server on live

You wont make it here sorry
that feel when ur server got merged into fennin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-10-2017, 05:37 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmagus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello

I played a rogue back on Fennin Ro in 99-2003 pretty intensely (I think my Mrylokars Dagger item submission is still up on Allakhazam) Decided to check out p99 finally but definitely as a casual. Never did PvP in live, so considering red but hear it's pretty empty. I have a couple questions:

What's the scene like for casual?
Any groups to be had at low - mid levels?
What classes are in demand on red?
Is sleeper still asleep on red? Hey maybe one day I get the key...

Thanks
For your first character on red you'll want something that can solo to get yourself established. XP bonus is great and if you decide to reroll it's not a huge deal like on blue or how it was on live.

There are groups each level range and joining <Sanctuary>(the leveling guild) will help a ton with meeting people and finding groups.

As for needed classes it's clerics, clerics, more clerics and rogues.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Large Bat

Don't mind these guys. Things on red are great for casual, and I even though everyone says make a solo toon, there's really no need. We've got groups of toons at all levels in sanctuary, and we even do a few "mini" raids a month of lesser content so roll whatever you want to play and come join us. There's very little pvp before 50ish outside of the odd twink who shows up for some "lulz" for 5-10 minutes and than goes back to their main (you'll know who they are with guild tags like "Mistmoore defenders"). They range from mildly annoying to straight up entertaining. After 50 you just gotta learn where the pvp is (KC, seb, etc..) and you'll more or less have as much or as little of it as you want. Overall i really enjoy the casual play on red, and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to try project1999.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Nice post Tune
Old 12-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmagus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think my Mrylokars Dagger item submission is still up on Allakhazam
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2017, 10:20 AM
Banned

Make a farm class and ask box king Tune for a rogue or cleric to drive.

May your pixels be blessed this season.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

I think I can give an objective view. Blue is good for talking with people because it's more populated. But it's hard to find any good camp spot. Red is for the most part a good place to relive EQ as there are cool people to group with and camps are mostly open.

Both servers have many problems with 'economy'.

I got a druid to 50 on blue and was very discouraged with ability to do anything 'end game'. I got a cleric to 50 a druid to 45 and an end to 35 on red and had much more fun even though EQ was never designed for PvP and asshats can bother you if you let them.

Love PvP. Retired from P99 due to lack of PvP
Closed Thread