Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Kobold

I feel like daybreak told them to not do a new server. There was alot of talks and even a podcast then suddenly silence.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Project 1999 launched a little more than 10 years after classic EQ launched.

My prediction is that Project 2009 (green) Classic Classic Everquest launches in May 2020.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Sirken just talked about the green server a bit on his last stream.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:13 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMEZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like daybreak told them to not do a new server. There was alot of talks and even a podcast then suddenly silence.

Luckily your feels have nothing to do with reality. In spite of large numbers of people whingeing about this, no one has been able to find any evidence to support it. All I've seen is Daybreak saying they love the love they feel from P99 or some crap like that.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Kobold

They shouldn't release Green until they can figure out a way to implement endurance loss on weapon swing.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyphemous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luckily your feels have nothing to do with reality. In spite of large numbers of people whingeing about this, no one has been able to find any evidence to support it. All I've seen is Daybreak saying they love the love they feel from P99 or some crap like that.
Well clearly you haven't seen everything, because there actually is direct evidence from the Project 1999 staff that the whole "no new servers because of Daybreak" thing is ... false [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris
Quote:
Originally Posted by teai
Is it a rumor or can it be confirmed that Daybreak gave permission to let P99 continue but only if they agreed 100% to never produce a new server or "Wipe" and restart their server because of the money cow progression servers have turned out to be.
Sounds like a rumor to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris
Yes. Once the current timeline is completed, a new server (Recycle99) will be launched from Vanilla to SoV using the correct timeline of patch and content releases. There is still quite a bit of work to be done on P99, which is why you have not heard any news on a new server. Announcements will be made once the staff has something to offer to the player base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They shouldn't release Green until they can figure out a way to implement endurance loss on weapon swing.
Don't hold your breath. As I understand it endurance is one of those "unclassic bits" that can't/won't be fixed. This is because Project 1999 uses the Titanium client, and that client was released after the game made major changes to endurance. As a result it's difficult (or maybe impossible?) to make that client handle endurance properly, and so fixing it may require switching to another client (which would probably require years of work).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-12-2017 at 01:00 PM..
Old 12-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well clearly you haven't seen everything, because there actually is direct evidence from the Project 1999 staff that the whole "no new servers because of Daybreak" thing is ... false [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the person you were replying to was actually arguing that there was no evidence that Daybreak said no to new servers in reply to someone else.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldslaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the person you were replying to was actually arguing that there was no evidence that Daybreak said no to new servers in reply to someone else.
I know they were [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was just leading with a "joke" by pretending at first to argue the opposite before agreeing with (and supporting) them. The key part, with the requisite "[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]" to indicate my lack of seriousness, was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is ... false [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-12-2017 at 01:21 PM..
Old 12-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Kobold

All I know is that if/when this goes live, it will be a huge cluster. I can't imagine the staff is too enthusiastic about the mess it will bring.

Old 12-12-2017, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I know is that if/when this goes live, it will be a huge cluster. I can't imagine the staff is too enthusiastic about the mess it will bring.
The cluster is what'll be fantastic. Can you imagine 1,000+ people in the same level range fighting over mobs? Holy hell it's gonna get heated.

People will be shouting "DEY TERK OUR MERBS!" from the hills of Qeynos to the slums of Freeport.

I've been genuinely disappointed that I missed out on P99's initial launch, and a Green server will scratch that itch for me, I think.
Closed Thread