Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Default Another duo

A buddy and I tend to make duo characters often and play together, we rarely group up with others and tend to exploit solo mechanics as well as group mechanics to get the most out of our duo teams. So far my favorite is bard shaman. Lots of fun root rotting and fear kiting. Not to mention all the other tools it has.

We were thinking of making a twinkled duo that, although it may not be the most effective pair - paladin and cleric, gears to duo and kill undead.

I figure between all the heals and tankability, a decent weapon or maybe one that procs damage to undead, and then both of us weaving in undead nukes we might be able to make up for lack of a DPS.

We are never going to raid or get epics or anything like that, or do we intend to. It’s more of a fun duo we can explore dungeons we have not done since live and slay undead, almost a role playing duo, but we won’t actually role play.

Is this viable or should we not waste the time and money and go back to one of our actual duos, bard/shaman, Druid/chanter

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Banned

You should be fine but there are probably some better duos if you are looking for a tank/priest duo. I assume you are set on a cleric since you have a druid and shaman already. Personally I would choose a monk or SK since they could reliably break up camps and a lot of the benefits of a paladin are already covered with the cleric.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Yea I mean we knew going in it wasnt going to be the best duo, more themstic than anything else. But didnt want to get a set of gear together and start leveling if it wasnt going to be remotely viable and not fun. But I think slaying undead in befallen, unrest, kaesora and paineel will be rewarding.

All ofnour duos until now have not had the “tank and spank” mechanic except briefly on bard shaman, but that usually was because of terrain complications etc.

I envision timed indead nukes just taking chunks of HP away with crap pally melee mixed in
Old 12-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Early 30's might be tough, but you're set for undead heavy zones outside of that.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

One of the funnest and most effective duo's I've played with is the ENC/CLR.

They support each other very well. The complete heal being used on a beefed up enchanter pet is amazing. The cleric is able to help stun the pet when it breaks and root when the ench is busy doing other stuff.

Single pulling on the ench works extremely well once you figure it out.

Really would be able to do just about any camp in the game with that duo and have a good time.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

We both already have enchanters and I think this time around we were lookig for somewhat gear focused classes since we wanted to twink them a bit
Old 12-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like a fun duo to me with lots of potential RP. Good luck
Old 12-11-2017, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

I would go for a Paladin/Druid duo instead of the Paladin/Cleric idea. The Druid has a lot of things fill the gaps that a Paladin doesn't have. It gives you guys snare, SoW, thorns, ports for transportation, a stacking HP buff, tracking ability, nukes/dots, and can off-heal.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Paladin/Cleric do have quite a bit over overlap, but if you are looking to squash undead that's the way to go.

Maybe quest the cleric a Bonethunder Staff and get the Pally a Ghoulbane and you two will be set nice.

I solo'd a lot on my cleric, just on undead, for many levels.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

If it isnt pally cleric than most likely would do pally or cleric. Its the anti undead factor that was appealing. And weird potential this less than great supmwould have in certain settings. Pally druid sounds great but I wouldnt roll pally if we werent trying this niche role.

But based off my research and replies thus far, it seems like it could be fun and viable even if there is overlap and some challenge when undead camps are not available.

Thanks all for your input and replies!
Closed Thread