Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 02-18-2024, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

I think nihilism is a great tool. Basically creative destruction. You can use it to negate beliefs and consider things from a new perspective. For example, a woman's place in the world. That's a pretty meaningful statement in the 1950s, right? But if you negate that belief, just as a thought experiment, A LOT of possibilities, unlimited really, arise from the destruction of that previously fixed idea. I think certainty and rigid beliefs are a lot more dangerous than willful negation.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-18-2024 at 09:21 PM..
Old 02-18-2024, 09:46 PM
Banned

Maximum individuality is certainly preferable too being pigeonholed by social norms. Butt sadism, for example, isn't typically wise or effective. Even if the goal was to maximize disruption or destruction. Or neutralization.

Perhaps I'm relying on a Bhuddas own internal definition of Nihilism.

I believe choices matter. However. They matter certainly differently to different folks from different perspectives in different contexts. So to say something is meaningless or doesn't matter to me is absurd itself.

For me. I go out of my way to avoid killing bugs. Even though from a nihilist perspective that bug is already dead, has a short lifespan anyway. Etc.

I know it's absurd, butt for me it cultivates and protects me. My empathy causes me to feel miserable after killing bugs. My sense of self is more bound up in the web of life as a whole being or part of one. Therefore it is my way off of the wheel of suffering to ****avoid harming**** that which contains my body and ego within itself. And sharing my, the, world, universe, room ... body with a few bugs isn't then miserable.
Last edited by magnetaress; 02-18-2024 at 09:50 PM..
Old 02-18-2024, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2024, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maximum individuality is certainly preferable too being pigeonholed by social norms. Butt sadism, for example, isn't typically wise or effective. Even if the goal was to maximize disruption or destruction. Or neutralization.

Perhaps I'm relying on a Bhuddas own internal definition of Nihilism.

I believe choices matter. However. They matter certainly differently to different folks from different perspectives in different contexts. So to say something is meaningless or doesn't matter to me is absurd itself.

For me. I go out of my way to avoid killing bugs. Even though from a nihilist perspective that bug is already dead, has a short lifespan anyway. Etc.

I know it's absurd, butt for me it cultivates and protects me. My empathy causes me to feel miserable after killing bugs. My sense of self is more bound up in the web of life as a whole being or part of one. Therefore it is my way off of the wheel of suffering to ****avoid harming**** that which contains my body and ego within itself. And sharing my, the, world, universe, room ... body with a few bugs isn't then miserable.
If my experience on mushrooms (which echoes the experience of countless others) had any validity at all, life is probably interconnected on a much more profound level than we are aware of. The whole idea of we are one comes up a lot with psychedelics. Most likely includes bugs. My take away from the experience was that death wasn't something to be afraid of and it didn't really matter what you did. We all end up in the same.. place or something. Can't remember the details, but it did serve to comfort me a lot regarding the death of my best friend.

Then again maybe that's just how a mushroom thinks. Dunno.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-18-2024 at 10:15 PM..
Old 02-18-2024, 10:29 PM
Banned

I often fear survival in conflict and what I may endure or do. More than death itself.
***heads up really all the trigger warnings***

It's hard to live when death is so comforting. I was around a lot of death and violence in person again recently, multiple death x guns and a stabbing. I said prayers for them and people gave their last rights. I felt great empathy and worry for the victim of the stabbing. More so that others still needed her and her potential.

In the end though it all was super peaceful. I really do feel like they went to better places. I even prayed for the soul of the stabber. A few of the deaths where unrelated to that and I truly felt it was there time to part from their bodies.

In some ways I feel that I have a duty to bare life out. Because this is it. This is the only one like this with this ego. There's a certain duty to others. I cannot hurt. And also the G-d thing. That keeps me going I guess. Albeit somewhat timidly because I don't want personally to be involved in harmful actions, thoughts, or words. Butt part of life is dealing with it. I cry a lot lately too when faced with danger directly. Which is liberating because it's better than feeling hatred and aversion. It's a lot easier in some ways to be a bystander than to have to personally face it all again.
Last edited by magnetaress; 02-18-2024 at 10:32 PM..
Old 02-18-2024, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nihilism is for timid souls who go quietly into the night, or for psychopaths with a conscious.
I'm interested in the second part, unless it was a typo. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2024, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm interested in the second part, unless it was a typo. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's probably more challenging to be an apath around hoomans than not. And that doesn't mean apaths don't suffer anyway. Even if they don't really feel it.
Old 02-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im a good boy born into a body destined to do bad things.
Old 02-23-2024, 08:12 PM
Banned

Was Moses a good or bad boi?
Old 02-23-2024, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im a good boy born into a body destined to do bad things.
I'll not tolerate ill grammar from a vulgarian.