Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2019, 09:51 PM
Sarnak

Default P99 vs EQ live

I was bored at work and came across a youtube video comparing P99 to Live EQ. The video was a few years old so this was a 2017 comparison. I watched it just to see what live even looks like since I havn't personally been there since 2007 ish. The video was kind of lame and he kind of trashed P99 at the end. But then I checked out the same users newest video put out this year as a 20 year mark state of the game.

HOLY CRAP has EQ gotten complicated. The UI has so many boxes and chat windows I would have to hire interns to monitor them all while I played. Then he went into his inventory at some point on a his lvl 110 Monk to show how some gear can be given XP for it to evolve and get better stats or some crap but I stopped listening because I was freaking out over his player stats. He had like 250,000 HP, some insane number for AC and he had over 2,000,000 PP on him yet was nowhere near encumbered [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

He has so many macro buttons I would have needed to hire interns to run them all during a fight. When he talked about AA's it was like if you are a new or returning player you can enable this box and you will automatically get 14,000 AA's as you level up to 80. 14,000 free AA's but then you have another 24,000 you need to actually XP grind for and earn. So ding AA 1 done and 23,999 more to go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Two things I did like though. You can buy land and a house and decorate your home anyway you like. And now there is a aggro meter so you will know when you are about to pull aggro off the tank. He even made a joke about how it wont stop the wizards out there from doing it anyway.

Makes me glad I found P99 for the far more simplistic play style the game started with and should have always kept. So that's my rant. Damn you fools for ruining EQ live and bless Rogean and all the staff for giving us Project 99 to play on and escape the madness of live for the madness of Green and Teal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)