Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

how about years overdue patches that havent been implemented instead of shit that shouldn't be here in the first place? sorry to be grinch.

oh and green plz k thx bye.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this would be other server? blue is museum
It's the other way around. Blue isn't a museum, it's a leftover result of eight years of beta testing and development. Even today it's not classic in many important ways, and it was far less classic for the vast majority of its life.

The whole idea of custom content as I understand it is "look, this server is already literally not classic, so why not make it even less literally classic ... but actually more classic (in the sense that live never went for years without any new content) by adding classic-themed custom content."

Green will be "the museum piece", accurately simulating classic EverQuest without "seven years of Kunark" and without custom content.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:01 PM
Large Rat

We haven't even seen Chardok update yet. Granted a sleeper reset would be cool in theory, someone would just wake him up again for the lulz.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

wizard and druid port directly to plane of tranquility. everyone happy)
Old 07-31-2018, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

There will never be custom content
Old 07-31-2018, 05:16 PM
Large Rat

None of that is classic so I for one don't want to see any of those changes except for possibly guild management tools. If they were going to do anything it should be AA's.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:20 PM
Kobold

reset warders pls
Old 07-31-2018, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Guild Management Tools
want

other listed items sound bad. sleeper would be good but then it would die same day so whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green will be "the museum piece", accurately simulating classic EverQuest without "seven years of Kunark" and without custom content.
Green's just going to be exactly like Blue after like 2 years when velious hits. I would like to play through classic ass era again, where you looked forward to equipping fine steel weapons, but we can't pretend it'll be any different than blue.
Last edited by Bummey; 07-31-2018 at 05:26 PM..
Old 07-31-2018, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

Stuff I'd like to see.

AA's in some form.
Stacking DoT's of the same type from different casters.
Spell focus item qualities on items tagged with them.
Select spells from Luclin and other expansions added. Shaman would bust a gut for the baby Torpor from Legacy of Ykesha.
Add my vote for a custom Veksar zone.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the other way around. Blue isn't a museum, it's a leftover result of eight years of beta testing and development. Even today it's not classic in many important ways, and it was far less classic for the vast majority of its life.

The whole idea of custom content as I understand it is "look, this server is already literally not classic, so why not make it even less literally classic ... but actually more classic (in the sense that live never went for years without any new content) by adding classic-themed custom content."

The whole idea of custom content is "I have played this server to death and no longer enjoy what it has to offer, please re-scope it to add interesting new things so I won't have to move on." Look at the join dates. People clamoring for custom content are almost universally super old burnouts: OP is from 2010. The earliest join date in this thread for a person wanting custom content is 2015. It's no Gat dang wonder you guys find things boring by now!

Saying the server running for longer than Classic makes everything un-Classic is some mental gymnastics akin to saying hey man, we may as well add Luclin because EverQuest didn't have unlimited free accounts. Or, to continue the Roman museum metaphor,

Quote:
"look, this server is already literally not classic, so why not make it even less literally classic ... but actually more classic (in the sense that live never went for years without any new content) by adding classic-themed custom content."
"Look, since the Romans are no longer with us today, we may as well add some Middle Ages stuff to the Roman museum. If you think about it, functioning steam engines would actually make the museum more Roman, in the sense that the Romans didn't go the 50 years I've come here without inventing new things, so we may as well add Roman-themed custom content."

Blue is a museum as much as Green will be. There's no need for crazy mental gymnastics, it's just the permanent exhibition to Green's temporary exhibitions. And look, some old players clearly still enjoy the game, and that owns! But if you're at the point of clamoring for steam engines and trains in your Roman museum, my man, you just need to move on, or go outside, or get therapy or something, I don't know. What you should not do is contort yourself into weird positions like the above quote to justify changing the scope for your continued personal interest's sake. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]