Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Large Bat

Cool Just bored....

Grinding in karanas on my druid, I keep dying to lose a level and then relevelling to 18 off the same mobs. Vicious cycle. Was looking to stem the boredom by finding a group or guild. I posted a guild recruitment message a couple days ago but apparently I need my old spice deodorant because I'm scaring people away. Now I'm posting in general..

The long story short is I'd like to play with people, not by myself from sun up to sundown. IF this doesn't require a guild and just a good group of people, I'm throwing my name into the hat right now. However, as of typing, I've only ever grouped with Antisocial, a necromancer. They were really cool. I'd like to continue this trend of grouping, but I do not know anyone, nor do I have any friends here. I'm just one lonely guy looking for a leg up.

Any road, I'm new to 99' relatively, only playing EZ server beforehand on the EMU. I'm nice as they come, and I'm willing to take an arrow (or ten) for a good pal. It's just boring and tiresome playing alone all the time, and it makes me want to quit. I don't believe that is all there is 99' so I'm hoping to get in with some tight-knit folks who use ventrilo or the like. Name's Shane, and it's nice to meet you.

Any other questions, comments, concerns, feel free to talk about them. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a body to collect...
Old 11-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Fire Giant

Go to EC, put up a LFG flag, /tell others around your level and ask them to group. Seems a lot of people like to group in unrest. I suggest befallen and najena as well if you can find anybody to go there with you. High hold group would be fun.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:14 AM
Large Bat

tried the whole lfg tag, I just think they spot a druid and go "Oh, another one?"

However, I've never found anyone in my ranges lfg tag on, at the times I play. Perhaps I'm just boned because of my hours? Any road, Unrest still sounds like some fun... if I can get there...
Old 11-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Fire Giant

Yes, your hours are def not good for grouping. I play out of Germany, so I feel your pain bro.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

then be even more proactive than that. do a /who all 15 20, find out where people are and go there. ask people if they have a spot. there's a reason my ogre is parked in crushbone and it's not because i love boats.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Fire Giant

I got a lvl 16 SK, we can duo. His name is Nilzark. Be on in about 10 mins.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Kobold

My level 20 enchanter might work well with a druid.
2 charmed pets and snare/fear kiting could be very fast and efficient.
Or I'm open to suggestions.
I have vent and teamspeak set up.

I tend to start latish and finish very late US time (cos I'm on .au time), but I can be flexible.
Send me a PM if you are interested.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

YOU are never going to get a group in the Karanas. You have to do the normal progression thingy. Go to Unrest till level 22. Or Upper Guk. Then to Castle Mistmoore till level 29 30. Then HHK, or Sol A. Infected Paw at 30 ish also.That is where the groups are. Not in the Karanas where every Druid and Bard are there soloing.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
YOU are never going to get a group in the Karanas. You have to do the normal progression thingy. Go to Unrest till level 22. Or Upper Guk. Then to Castle Mistmoore till level 29 30. Then HHK, or Sol A. Infected Paw at 30 ish also.That is where the groups are. Not in the Karanas where every Druid and Bard are there soloing.
I know I wouldn't get a group here, thats why I'm HERE. To solo. Charm. Etc

I tried normal progression but all those zones are dead on my timeslot. I know where to go, and what to look for. I'm veteran. However, it doesn't change the fact there were no people looking. I could try to go in and solo that stuff, but my dots are too weak and I'd never survive. Hence, the Karanas

Thanks for the attempt at help though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Sarnak

You should definitely be in Unrest right now. If you play on weeknights you should have no problem finding a group.

Also, don't feel too bad if you're finding it frustrating to solo at this level range; the high teens/early 20s were the only levels I actually grouped at because soloing was not yet easy and efficient.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Closed Thread