Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

I don't always agree with Mr. Sadiki, but in this case I agree with him for the same reason.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:19 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But, to people who think it's hidden rules and whatnot - it's not like that if you just look at the big picture. For anything, you have to be in a camp and killing things and prove you're actually playing the game. Otherwise you could just flop in the room for a week and claim it - which people try to do - and that's a much bigger problem. These rules aren't really as insane as people make them out to be. Definitely a lesser evil in the grand scheme of P99 rules.
I have zero issue with the following the rule now that i know it exist. At the time, I doubted the rule existed becuase it didnt follow the same rules as other similar camps. I assumed there would be some consistancy with the rules and was mistaken and happly left the camp once I found out my assumptions were wrong.

I still think the rule is silly, becuase it is an effective nerf for FD classes and people who havent ruined their faction yet, but rules are rules.
Last edited by Epyon; 08-31-2018 at 07:23 PM..
Old 08-31-2018, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

It is a hidden rule no matter how you try to spin it though
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Per the server rules that are non hidden outdoor zone = you can camp one (1) mob/ph. Doesnt say anything about lucan or jentry. Per the hidden rules you must kill jentry (and the other guy?) to claim 1 outdoor mob
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

I think what's needed here are more rules. Players are at home with more rules, only to complain about them when they aren't in their favor later on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-31-2018, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Lucan had a 7 day respawn back in classic days just be thankful it's only 7 hours.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Why would you have to kill unrelated mobs to maintain this camp?

You don't have to kill every sarnak in the room when you are trying to get your Jade Chokidai Prod for an HS key....
Old 08-31-2018, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

Isn't Brother Jentry tied to Lucan? If I remember correctly he will follow on anyone agroed to Lucan even if you calm/blur him until Lucan dies from any range right? Doesn't that make him part of the camp, and not an unrelated mob, no matter how you slice it?
If I'm wrong please correct me.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think what's needed here are more rules. Players are at home with more rules, only to complain about them when they aren't in their favor later on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Hopelessly missing the point here. The point isnt more rules are needed the point is there are currently 2 sets of rules in effect on the server the published public rules and the rules hidden in 40 page threads. Until all rules are merged into one easy to find place then gms will continue to have these kinds of issues ( threads like this/people not knowing that x camp or raid area has a specific ruleset that is different than the published easy to find ruleset, arguments IG that lead to petitions, etc, etc... )

Its just a simple suggestion so that when people go into a new area they know up front what they are getting into without having to dial a rules lawyer or read 40 page 9 year old threads to find the ruling...

Quote:
Old 09-01-2018, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Hopelessly missing the point here.
Not at all. If there's one constant in the history of the forums it's people wanting more rules, or more clarity on existing rules... only to bend them at will when it comes to "interpreting" them as "the wording is unclear (based on what I'm trying to achieve)" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If Brother Jentry isn't engaged in 15 seconds after spawning, do you lose the camp? Or is it 30 seconds? I engaged at 23.2 seconds after he spawned as I didn't know and you looked afk - can we make a deal? Surely I can't be banned for that? There's rules on these things, right?

How deep does the rabbit hole go? Where do you want to stop on specifics? Do we get to a point where the rules are tuned per staff intervention down to a point where you can FTE someone else's camp after X time? Were they not sitting exactly in the spot where they should be? Was there a pet parked there and they were OUTSIDE the spawn room and should be DQ'd?

You might think that's splitting hairs, but that's exactly the mentality of someone looking to take over your camp is looking for when petitioning...and if a codified set of rules says something in their favor, you bet they'll use it if it can be interpreted to their advantage.