Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Apprehensive is 400 faction wide:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction

So at only 1 hit per kill, that's 400 kills. The faction grind is real.

-Mcoy
Old 06-09-2021, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apprehensive is 400 faction wide:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction

So at only 1 hit per kill, that's 400 kills. The faction grind is real.

-Mcoy
That does explain a bit.

Even a Dark Elf Wiz/Enc/Mag following Innoruuk starts off apprehensive with The Dead. My Human Wiz following Innoruuk was also Apprehensive, but he was probably very deep Apprehensive (one kill would probably go Dubious) and that explains why it took so many gnome caster kills in LFay/SF to hit Indifferent. I bottomed out those factions long before I saw an adjustment.

Someone should fix the wiki or the game though, if I had known it was misleading I probably would have just waited till much higher and ganked Dragoon Szorn for that faction instead.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Most negative hits are far greater than positive ones. The problem is the only way to know for sure what the values are on P99 is to do like the one person on page 1 said. Start at a "known" value - either max positive or max negative and then count how many kills of X mob it takes to get to the other end of the faction. That's a lot of work for each faction / mob that can alter that faction / quest that can alter that faction. Much easier to just assume every positive hit is only +1 and then be "pleasantly surprised" when you reach your goal sooner.

-Mcoy
Closed Thread