Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 05:27 AM
Large Rat

Default Seeking the Final Piece of my Pally Epic!

Hello everyone! I am currently on the final step of completing my paladin epic. This is a goal I've had in EQ for nearly two decades. It is finally within reach. However, the last item I need is the Tainted Darksteel Sword from Keeper of the Tombs in the Hole. Unfortunately, I have had no luck being able to find a group capable of getting that far into the hole, nor have I seen him up yet as he is a 7-10 day respawn.

The sword is MQ'able, so I am hoping I can find someone here on the forums who has the sword rotting away in their bank and wouldn't mind MQ'ing it for me. I would gladly pay for it, but I have nearly nothing to offer as I have not reached a point where I can make high amounts of plat. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me with this as it would complete a childhood dream of obtaining my first EQ epic!

Thank you all for hearing me out and stay safe. Hope to see you guys in game!
-Kyedaris Rei'Vaasha (52 Paladin) - Blue Server
Old 10-06-2021, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

52 Paladin.. you can farm Hill Giants or Paineel guards. You can make pp or join a guild. Possible options. Also you may want to reach out to guy on forums, name I think is 4evercrack, he auctions help with epic kills and seems to charge a fair price. My guess is this kill would t run you more than 5-10k
Old 10-06-2021, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

join a guild, make some friends, they'll probably be willing to help you for free (but also probably not immediately, you'll have to spend some time actually making friends with people).
Old 10-06-2021, 11:41 AM
Banned

join a guild, make some friends, ask for help, return the favor to them one day

when they ask for help
Old 10-06-2021, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

I would join a guild, make some friends and ask for help. Begging is pathetic.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Step 1: get yourself down to the waterfall / docks in the hole. This typically involves getting into the zone, getting to the drop off point of CE without training anyone, and kindly asking a rogue to drag you the rest of the way to a friendly cleric at docks. Sometimes you can get lucky with a coth but its rare.

Step 2: /who shaman / mage / necro / enc, kindly ask them if they have a pet up and if they do, to pet track and check the mob for you.

Bonus: while doing step 2, actively /LFG and get some XP on the side.

Step 3: someday the mob will be up. Its now crunch time. Ask some higher levels in the zone to band together to go kill it...or if you happen to be in a solid group already, ask them nicely to jump off the waterfall and go crawl to / slay the easily 1-grouped quest mob.

You'd be surprised how willing folks will be to (possibly) give up a XP camp to help complete someones epic.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Step 1: get yourself down to the waterfall / docks in the hole. This typically involves getting into the zone, getting to the drop off point of CE without training anyone, and kindly asking a rogue to drag you the rest of the way to a friendly cleric at docks. Sometimes you can get lucky with a coth but its rare.

Step 2: /who shaman / mage / necro / enc, kindly ask them if they have a pet up and if they do, to pet track and check the mob for you.

Bonus: while doing step 2, actively /LFG and get some XP on the side.

Step 3: someday the mob will be up. Its now crunch time. Ask some higher levels in the zone to band together to go kill it...or if you happen to be in a solid group already, ask them nicely to jump off the waterfall and go crawl to / slay the easily 1-grouped quest mob.

You'd be surprised how willing folks will be to (possibly) give up a XP camp to help complete someones epic.
yeah this is actually pretty on point too. if you hang out in the zone a while, you'll get to know the regulars who are around leveling toons, and can prob get a group to detour and kill the mob.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:30 PM
Large Rat

Default Response to (All)

So I would like to clarify a few things for the majority of response's I received to this thread.

First: I noticed most of you drew the conclusion that I do not have a guild, nor have I invested time into building friendships with other players. This is incorrect. I have devoted a lot of time into forming friendships and have met many good people. I am in fact a member of a guild who have been extremely helpful in helping me achieve my epic, among other things. In fact, I'd say the p99 community is one of the best I've experienced in any game.

Secondly: I do not appreciate comments making it seem as if I am begging for help. This is the only time I have ever sought help on the forums and by no means am pleading for assistance. Because this item is of little value due to the major lack of paladins on blue, I thought I would take a shot and simply see if someone had one rotting away that they wouldn't mind parting with. I always pay it forward and do anything I can to help others. However, I do not feel other people need to state that to me when they have no idea who I am. It feels like a preconceived judgement in my opinion.

Lastly: Please work on your reading comprehension. Many of you missed the meaning and point of the post entirely. I guess in this day and age I should expect everything to be subject to scrutiny, but I always felt the EQ community was different. For those with positive comments meant to help, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-06-2021, 02:58 PM
Kobold

loot a rot weapon from tov
Closed Thread