Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Large Bat

Default New to the Server

Just wanted to say I am excited to experience eq this way and I am having a blast thus far. I started a Ogre Shaman and wanted to ask about traveling with the boats. Is it relatively safe to get on the boats and head over to Kunark or Faydwer as I really enjoy crushbone.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Large Bat

That depends on your definition of "relatively safe" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] As long as you don't run into bad luck with an NPC or five, you should be fine. :P
Old 05-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Sarnak

You can always find a nice druid to pick you up and give you a lift there but remember you won't find a merchant or trainer for you there.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

welcome to the server, as an ogre shaman you should be okay running through the swamp, then sro, then Oasis to catch the raft to TD and then to the Overthere...of course you can always try to find someone to port you over.

i recommend starting out by killing mobs in the inny swamp area (frogloks and such) till around level 9 or so, when you get sow...you should be able to get your spells in grobb too and train if needed...

at level 9 you will have sow and can venture out easier, if possible you should try to buy your level 14 spells and carry them with you so you don't have to hit the spell vendors (because you cant buy them in kunark)...

there's a sweet little spot though where i like to level from 9-14 and its in lake rathe at the island with the arena...there are 5 or 6 regular aviak spawns on that island that you can clear out and level really fast off them...and its near where you start out too (2 zones away)

hope that helps
Old 05-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome brah. Boats probably aren't safe as an ogre, as a newb with nothing I'm sure someone will port you if you ask nicely.

If that fails (it wont) just jump off the boat early before it hits the docks and look up some maps to find the backdoor in cities like qeynos and freeport.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Large Bat

Awesome thanks I wanted a challenge and looks like this will be it. Just have to get some plat for gear and spells and keep at it.
Closed Thread