Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 07:26 AM
Kobold

Default Wavecrasher

https://wiki.project1999.com/Wavecrasher
Apart from… obviously crashing waves, what does this «*high end*» weapon supposedly adds to lets say an infestation (https://wiki.project1999.com/Infestation) or frostbringer (https://wiki.project1999.com/Frostbringer) ? Biggest let down is for me the Main Hand restriction and not so great ratio. Even for a twink weapon who cares about 20% slow (and aggro anyway at lower lvl when u can get much better white dmg dps weap) i still dont get the hype behind this having spent much plat on it before. Rants off. In the same fashion, I dont really get the Anklesmasher thingy too. Heck ! This is even worse in terms of price vs ratio aggro https://wiki.project1999.com/Anklesmasher
Last edited by Deadfather; 10-14-2021 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: Wiki links
Old 10-14-2021, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Slow proccing weapons in this era are almost all are primary only (locustlure being one of the few primary/secondary ones).

My theory is that forcing the few slow weapons to mainhand balances out the aggro from the proc.

Slow is a GREAT aggro proc (ask any shaman or enchanter).

With that said I don't know if the Wavecrasher is worth the hype. 9/19 isn't bad but its no great and definitely not as good as a willsapper. The 20% slow is nice, but not as good as a truncheon of doom or ranger epic earthcaller.

I don't know about the comparisons to the anklesmasher. Snare is also a GREAT aggro generator, but I've found in my limited experience that most snare weapons (kunzar kujuch, silken whip of ensnaring) don't proc a lot.

Infestation procs like crazy. 9/18 isn't too bad aggro component is there, not as strong. Willsapper is much better for ratio and slow.

Slow proccing weapons are few and far between and mostly primary only, making their ratios far more important.
Old 10-14-2021, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Simply put: it holds value because its the droppable alternative to Willsapper (which is a competitive mob), procs at level 1 (truncheon of doom is 50), usable by other classes, etc.
Old 10-14-2021, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

Remember that access and availability also factor into what people charge. Just because its expensive doesn't mean it's great. Anklesmasher is the Ultra Rare drop from a named that spawns behind locked doors in Chardok surrounded by lots of his friends. I'd assume it's almost exclusively factioned enchanters farming these.

Its unique as far as snare weapons go just because it's not the normal Snare whip that drops in Crypt that is heavily farmed.

Similar with Wavecrasher price. Clearing Icy Servants for the "rare ish" named can be quite a tall order. Once again, mostly Enchanters wrecking these.

Prices often reflect the work put into obtaining. Not just simply ratio and aggro.
Old 10-17-2021, 06:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Prices often reflect the work put into obtaining. Not just simply ratio and aggro.
I would say so when u think of the camp. Clearing those servants is a nasty job and only manned up enchanters got what it takes. Wavecrasher is a fine weapon if you look at the droppables aggro weap out there (that doesnt look shit in the meantime)
Now, I suppose the market for those is extremly limited. When you look at twinking, aggro weapons are usually useless because mobs die way too fast to trigger a proc and grab aggro reliably And… if you have this kind of money for twinking a warrior, that means u got enough plat to make him solo anyway (fungi haste) therefore dps weapons are preferable.
U dont solo with aggro weaps (and its not like this 20% slow is gonna help either) Also when u hit 50+, getting decent no drop aggro weap isnt that hard (and its usually dkp free : infestation ! Because they rot constantly !)
Old 10-17-2021, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its unique as far as snare weapons go just because it's not the normal Snare whip that drops in Crypt that is heavily farmed.
Anklesmasher is useable by Monks, whereas whip is not. Thats why the price is so high, besides rarity. It is the only option for procable snare for Monks. The snare weapons are overall very restrictive on class generally, whereas Anklesmasher is not.

As for Wavecrasher, yeah it is basically the only alternative to Willsapper that is useable outside of Warrior/Ranger classes, who get better tradeable slow proc weapons already. And as already mentioned, most SG drops are a royal pain to get, which up their price.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-17-2021 at 11:44 AM..
Old 10-18-2021, 03:53 PM
Large Rat

For the same reasons people still pay so much for a Cloak of Flames when there are better cheaper options...Just because
Old 10-22-2021, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckeys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the same reasons people still pay so much for a Cloak of Flames when there are better cheaper options...Just because
50 hp and highest droppable haste for a back slot, tough for single player to "farm", not sure how cheap you expect
Old 10-22-2021, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anklesmasher is useable by Monks, whereas whip is not. Thats why the price is so high, besides rarity. It is the only option for procable snare for Monks.
Well, eventually there's...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Sap_Encrusted_Branch

...but then you're likely bidding against countless other monks.
Closed Thread