Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

Default Quid Rilstone

After doing extensive research on the spawn/pathing of Quid Rilstone in Rathe Mtns, I camped the spot and cleared greens for hours. Other people reported to me that they've been unable to find him as well.
As it turns out, he spawns in a different location here than my research on Allakhazam and various forums indicate.

As I've read, his spawn is supposed to be from a random placeholder (fire beetle, skeleton, brown bear, etc) in the northeast "bubble" of Rathe, south of the mountains that divide it in half. From what I gather, he is meant to spawn on the hillside, south of the orc camp, path along by the broken war machines (the catapults, etc), past the broken walls, then across to the gypsy camp, then north to the paladins on top of the mountains. It seems to be universally accepted that his placeholder/spawn is always on the south side of the mountain.

more information is found here
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3608

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1439

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3605
(people often ran into quid while camping this guy. He's spawning normally. I took him down twice while farming)

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=5183
Shaman epic quest mob that spawns in the catapult ruins later on. people often found quid while camping him.

According to Xzerion, this is not where he currently spawns, so I just wanted to let you know that I'm almost certain this is the correct pathing.

and I've also wasted hours of my life. ahahah
Such is Classic, non? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

so i wasted hours to hunt this fucker..ive been at paladins according to allakazam and ive been at druidring according to insider infos here

can i get at least an information if he spawns either at paladins or druidring hill?

thanks
Last edited by mitic; 10-20-2011 at 12:18 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Big-up thread from 2009~
Old 05-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Sarnak

where?!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:00 AM
Sarnak

Bump for those with the knowledge...
Old 01-27-2013, 05:26 AM
Kobold

His spawn is fine. I spawned him 3 times in a couple of hours a while back.
No idea what his ph is. Tho I suspect a lizardman.

He spawns south of the hill in the area with the paladins.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

So just stick to killing anything and everything south of the hill? Anybody have any more information? Reminds me of how I used to spawn Quillmane back on live... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So just stick to killing anything and everything south of the hill? Anybody have any more information? Reminds me of how I used to spawn Quillmane back on live... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried this on P99 for hours on multiple occasions. Never spawned. Maybe I was super unlucky (god knows that happens) or maybe his spawn is too infrequent? I dunno. The previous poster said he popped him 3X in 2 hours though. If that is truth.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Aviak

I was able to spawn him or at least kill him in about 15 minutes. Was killing everything between the paladins and the gypsy camp. I ran a little to the east toward Glaron the Wicked to kill a green when I saw him walking down the hill from the paladins. Light blue to a 51. Got the hood.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Kobold

Quid is incredibly easy to spawn unless he was changed recently. His PH respawns instantly. I was able to spawn Quid 2-3 times in under 60 seconds a few months ago. From what I've gathered he has 3 PH's, all which have different spawn locations, but each type of monster will always spawn in the same spot.

As for Quid, I've killed him 20+ times on R99, always spawns in the same spot.

I tried reporting the bug of him respawning instantly awhile back and the post was deleted.
Closed Thread