Old 06-08-2021, 08:08 PM
Banned

go solo fungi king

and post a video

bet you can't even solo a cliff golem
Old 06-08-2021, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go solo fungi king

and post a video

bet you can't even solo a cliff golem
It's not even out yet, dumbass. You're the kid who didn't even play on Green until Kunark launched because it was too hard, and you still suck at it.

Remember that time you went from "Venerate is the best guild on the server!!!" to saying fuck Venerate and joining Kingdom? You are really cringed out, my asian friend.

If you're going to stab someone's back on a video game over imaginary pixels that literally have no meaning or value, imagine what kind of person you must be in real-life.. ugh.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people forget the principles of EQ where players and their classes are meant to work together and some classes are better than others (easier) but only in a sense because they are useless alone against most group-content.

This is by design, pointing it out is kinda silly and I don't think you understand why games were made like this to begin with. Goes back to game design principles but ya..

Wow, there was no 'design', the developers pumped up the classes they actually played. That is why the classes are so unbalanced. It was a scandal back in the day, the Fires of Heaven guild was revealed to be a guild of developers. The developers would release content and then Fires of Heaven would ALWAYS beat the content that same/next day. Who makes content then plays it?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-08-2021, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, there was no 'design', the developers pumped up the classes they actually played. That is why the classes are so unbalanced. It was a scandal back in the day, the Fires of Heaven guild was revealed to be a guild of developers. The developers would release content and then Fires of Heaven would ALWAYS beat the content that same/next day. Who makes content then plays it?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was it though? Like if Brad played a Ranger then why were Rangers so bad? I’ve always wondered about that. I’m not saying you’re wrong either. I know this is certainly the case in WoW. The main devs have always been Mages, which is why mages have always been top tier.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats like dealing the cards in a poker game, then going thru the deck to give yourself the best hand an no one knows.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually agree. I also think that having a game that is pure PVE-focused allows a company to make classes that are grossly OP in some regards. In real classic EverQuest almost every class has a major strength and weakness. In PVE this works. In a PVP game (like WoW for instance), this would never work. And this is why most MMOs with PVP in them have been so challenging and impossible to balance, with the end result being the homogenization of all classes. Like currently in WoW I can't tell much of a difference between the way a Monk, Rogue, Warrior, Paladin or Death Knight play. It feels like they all do basically the same shit.

Things that used to make Rogues unique have either been stripped away and given to other classes, or just cloned. Kidney shot, sprint and blind used to be iconic to Rogue for instance. Now Paladin can blind, sprint and has a 5-second stun as well -- you can even transmog other classes' armor and they did away with unique class armor anyways, so it genuinely feels like every class is virtually the same class.

I really think in order for a future MMO to be great and have those moments that make every single class feel really fucking OP... you need to not have PVP in that game. And that's crazy for someone who plays WoW exclusively for the PvP to say, but when a game has insanely good PVE you dont even care about the PvP.

FYI everquest has PVP, thats why it sucks and RED is empty. The other MMO's learned how to make PVP viable from everquests mistakes.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was it though? Like if Brad played a Ranger then why were Rangers so bad? I’ve always wondered about that. I’m not saying you’re wrong either. I know this is certainly the case in WoW. The main devs have always been Mages, which is why mages have always been top tier.
I meant to add that a rogue named Kaylum on the Tunare server had full lustrous russet, and other absurd items that he didn’t get from raiding. The rumor was that GMs had given him the items as a reward for “helping” them. He also completed the Ragebringer quest as soon as it was released (I know it’s an easy quest, but we’re talking like under 2 hours — before anyone knew anything about any of the quests or items).

I looked up his name recently to find the thread about how he was one of the only players in the game who had lustrous russet 20 years ago, and how he didn’t get it from raiding, but instead I found a thread Kaylum had made 2-3 years ago where he admitted to being a GM for the game all along... so yeah... corruption was real AF
Old 06-08-2021, 09:55 PM
Banned

There’s also a lot of little tricks that were put in the game for devs to have easy access to plat. I assume halfling spears and the bandage quest were no coincidence, but something most players would never learn about.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Seems.. Reaching..
Old 06-09-2021, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Oh really? So Brad liked Rangers and that’s why they’re the most leet class in the game?
Closed Thread