Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 04:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by baue1446 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean regardless of what I get out of it. I was just commenting on the ability of melee to solo and not only that but to be able to solo as well or more successfully than even the classes that are designed to solo.
Your ability to solo with a fungi tunic monk is not a good commentary. That's what he meant by real classic experience.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question can anyone name a Kunark or Velious raid target that can be killed without melee DPS?

I'll give you a tank and even a backup tank, but no melee DPS.
A single wizard (55-60) can do over 10k-12k damage in a minute. Kunark mobs get destroyed.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A single wizard (55-60) can do over 10k-12k damage in a minute. Kunark mobs get destroyed.
Okay which raid targets
Old 04-08-2021, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another element of warrior aggro is, everyone else has to learn to NOT take aggro. This often means straight-up not attacking for many seconds so the warrior has time to build up aggro via swings and procs.

Everyone else attacking too soon doesn't mean warriors are bad.
A good cleric will call the melees out on this for being douches and taking hits, and offer a courtesy root if needed.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:29 AM
Sarnak

I stopped reading OP after finding magician and OP in the same sentence...

Mages have no effing defensive spell or skill, aside from Gate.
No root, no mez, no slow, no charm, no rune, no fancy magic shield / hp buffer, no kick ass self buffs, no nothing

Just one pet that lacks proper hps to tank any serious mob. Nukes that are subpar compared to wizards', and about as good as druids'

Ignore the pet, kick the mage's teeth in, and you've won.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by baue1446 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have soloed to 51 and hes at 54. Never having grouped once. And have leveled faster than any class ive done so far.
I'm not calling you out, I'm calling myself out.

I did this and solo'd a monk to 55 before grouping and never have playing a monk before. Turned out a huge mistake for me, I had no idea nor experience in splitting mobs or pulling as a monk.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:57 AM
Sarnak

Do any of these people play enchanters? They're the only class where you can properly control risk v reward in this game. Every other class is at the mercy of group setup. Yes, that makes them OP. No, it isn't free wins.

Enchanters are OP because they benefit the most from exploits. Condoned exploits, but exploits nonetheless. See: paci blurring pet, gcd reset, ToT duels, illusion-warping through doors, pre-cast clarity on rez, even things like GINA and audio triggers

Not to mention unfixable bugs like spell mem speed, which allow them to switch their loadout mid-fight super easily.

I imagine the game was probably balanced pretty well until people found ways to break it, many of which didn't come to light until Luclin save a select few who kept solid secrets.

Thankfully, this is a PVE game, not a PVP game, and class balance isn't designed class v class, it's designed class + class v mob. While it's possible to do a LOT of content with a pet zerg, it's NOT possible to tell your raid that everyone is required to play one. The incentive to utilize all of the melee gear alone will land people on melee classes. Which is pretty much how it works now.

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Last edited by xmaerx; 04-09-2021 at 02:07 AM..
Old 04-09-2021, 02:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stopped reading OP after finding magician and OP in the same sentence...

Mages have no effing defensive spell or skill, aside from Gate.
No root, no mez, no slow, no charm, no rune, no fancy magic shield / hp buffer, no kick ass self buffs, no nothing

Just one pet that lacks proper hps to tank any serious mob. Nukes that are subpar compared to wizards', and about as good as druids'

Ignore the pet, kick the mage's teeth in, and you've won.
Invest in clickies, become a god. Clickies are all-powerful in this game.

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-09-2021, 02:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to say that I think wow fixed melee by taking disciplines and expanding them to basically be "melee spell lines" and using stamina instead of mana to cast them.
Agreed. Loved playing tanks and melees on wow. Playing them on EQ is a bit of a drag. Though I do love Monk and SK.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmaerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Invest in clickies, become a god. Clickies are all-powerful in this game.
Got some of them, but nothing game changing.

I can't think of many clickies that would make a mage half as good as a Shaman or Enchanter even without said clickies. Plus any useful item you might want to give your mage pet to give it some much needed oooomph will be lost, unlike those you can give a charmed pet and get back if you know what you're doing

And don't get me started about no pet raids... Yeah, Now all I can do is try & cast nukes that will hardly ever land since they're fire & magic based 👍👍