Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-16-2021, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

I actually hadn't checked because I keep them turned off normally. I just did and I'm experiencing the same as you - it shows as enabled in the ini but they're off in-game unless I do /shadows on.

I'm at a loss to explain why it'd update the ini but not use the setting there. Maybe someone else has an idea?

Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful.

-Mcoy
Old 06-16-2021, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually hadn't checked because I keep them turned off normally. I just did and I'm experiencing the same as you - it shows as enabled in the ini but they're off in-game unless I do /shadows on.

I'm at a loss to explain why it'd update the ini but not use the setting there. Maybe someone else has an idea?

Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful.

-Mcoy
Well thank you for trying it at least and seeing what im seeing - baffles me also and i think that is why im trying so hard to fix it lol ! guess ill just keep a hotkey button and click that as soon as i get ingame lol ! thanks again !
Old 06-17-2021, 03:49 AM
Large Rat

Seems that this setting doesn't save, quite a shame as the game looks a lot better with it.
I've ended up with adding the command at the end of some macros (long duration buffs/gate and so on):
Code:
/target <char_name>
/cast 8
/shadows ON