Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 08:24 PM
Fire Giant

Default How does a Wizard get into dungeons?

Title of thread, looking for advice on that matter. If I were to roll a wizard and wanted to be able to get into dungeon groups, for everything from doing the Staff of Temperate Flux quest (which require SolA and Perma) to getting gear out of Sebilis one day in a group, how can it be done?

I like the class thematically and I keep wanting to roll one, but the fact that they seem so shunned has kind of put me off to it.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Nah I love having wizards in my group!

If anything it's nice to see a variety of people out there, so do us all a favor and make one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah I love having wizards in my group!

If anything it's nice to see a variety of people out there, so do us all a favor and make one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truth be told I've tried numerous times but I've only gotten to level 20 at the very highest. It's the dread of being unable to do anything later that kind of stopped me. But it is the class from a thematic standpoint that I can identify with most. I love blasting things, I love ending fights quickly, and Red/Blue were my main colors in MtG. xD

The breaking point was when someone told me that no one's going to even want my ports later because I can't send them on their way with a SoW like a druid can.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Have you tried making the groups yourself?

Also be useful , but blow your load then sit afk, use root/snare/killing shots

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 04-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truth from Shinko here. You can even get into the fungi camp (a super-popular camp, where most people know exactly what classes they want for 5/6 of the slots) ... as long as you fill that 6th slot with yourself ... by being the one to form the group. Show up early [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:08 PM
Kobold

have a VP robe, velk robe, or SS / thurg / kael robe for free damage. But since green is kunark, get yourself a manna robe to canni or VP robe. Happy farming for manna robe sale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 04-07-2021, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just sadly not that good at networking. I wish it weren't the case but I've always been super socially awkward and inept. Been playing these types of games for years (Live EQ since 1999, WoW when it came out, and then P99 now) and I've always struggled hard at forging connections with other people and organizing things.

Always wanted to find a guild for this sort of thing. I know folks with friends don't really have to worry about this kind of situation.

But yup, I still want to roll a wizard, just afraid it's not going to go anywhere for that reason. Can anyone help?
Old 04-07-2021, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Come join us at <Safe Space> and you should find connections and groups

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 04-07-2021, 11:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Come join us at <Safe Space> and you should find connections and groups
That'll be awesome, thank you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I made my wizard and I'll send a tell next time I see you on.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

As far as getting into groups, it’s not that hard. I don’t usually see people deny a Wizard if they have an opening and don’t have a need for another class at the time. I honestly see people be less willing to add another hybrid to their group more than I see someone deny Wizards (especially if the group is using a Druid or Shaman as main healer...more damage equals less load on the healer since the mobs die faster).

As far as ports, that’s just a dumb statement. Wizards are the only class that can port to the Planes so you’ll definitely be needed in raids and I’ve never turned down a port just because it’s a wizard who can’t give me sow. Honestly Wizards also have a bit of an advantage since they can basically port people right into Kelethin which Druids can’t, and closer to Qeynos (until Surefall Glade port comes out way later). I wouldn’t worry about the port issue at all. Plus your ports mean it’s easier to find a group in theory since you can travel all over with ease to check for groups in other dungeons.
Closed Thread