Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 03:43 PM
Banned

Default Who vandalized the wiki?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You don't deserve this community.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

It probably wasn't vandalism [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Those "dynamic zone tables" use custom PHP code (written by Ravhin, our wiki master extraordinaire) to collect data from pages in the related wiki category. Thus, if they break, it's because of a code problem.

If I had to guess, I imagine someone made a change to one of the 84 pages in that category, and for some reason it broke the dynamic table code. But unless someone wants to try rolling back the most recent hundreds of changes in that category, all we can do is ask for the original code creator to take a look.

Paging Ravhin!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:59 PM
Banned

The wiki is sacred and should include more stuff like this:

Quote:
My research has yielded Bertoxxulous’ greatest gift, eternal life. With my human heart safe in Najena’s hands I shall be able to wreak The Plaguebringer’s revenge upon Jahnda and her temple soon. The ancient power of the Ruins of Geupal is almost mine. I only need another’s rage to complete my journey to immortality. Mayong’s minions still seek my demise but their efforts shall be in vain. That vampire shall never possess my hearts. — From the Journal of Varsoon the Undying
Ruins of Geupal almost certainly refers to the skeleton ruins in qeynos hills and his tomb... R.I.P. the classic Everquest that was and could have been.

And fuck you to all who would abuse and vandalize and exploit such a beautiful thing over mob stat data in a hotzone. For whatever pixosexual DKP dragonragey reasons, allegedly.

I just couldn't sit back silently without bringing this to the attention of the community.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:04 PM
Large Rat

probably joey's fault
Old 05-17-2021, 05:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wiki is sacred and should include more stuff like this:

Ruins of Geupal almost certainly refers to the skeleton ruins in qeynos hills and his tomb... R.I.P. the classic Everquest that was and could have been.

And fuck you to all who would abuse and vandalize and exploit such a beautiful thing over mob stat data in a hotzone. For whatever pixosexual DKP dragonragey reasons, allegedly.

I just couldn't sit back silently without bringing this to the attention of the community.
intensely cool lore

that one paragraph is cooler than every raid in the game simutaneously, way more immersive
Old 05-18-2021, 01:38 AM
Sarnak

Wiki needs to have to be approved by an elder council (I nominate Loramin as council president).

I literally edited the angry goblin roll rules to add that premature rolls would negate your roll just so I could sleep during roll and my GINA trigger wouldn’t wake me up until angry spawned. I then deleted it after I got angry. This is my confession and apology but seriously when I actively played I noticed so many people intentionally edit certain details selfishly, just to fuck with people.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:51 AM
Banned

I have enough krono to pay you poorbies some subs on TLP...
Old 05-18-2021, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have enough krono to pay you poorbies some subs on TLP...
Eww.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Shitted in ya lawn
Old 05-18-2021, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Hmm the edit for the zone tables on the perma page happened last year

https://wiki.project1999.com/index.p...8&oldid=279541

also it looks like someone was trying to fix the tables by adding [[Category:Loc Mapped]] so not sure how long these tables have been broken

don't see any other relevant edits
Closed Thread