Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

The staff just could not do their job without OP
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think op has a point, 15 40 year olds have better things to do than sit pasted to a screen for a random amount of time.

seek help
If thats the argument we're going to use get rid of natural respawns and only have raid mobs spawn on quakes. If 15 40 year olds have better things to do for random hours of the day then 2-300 have MUCH better things to do for random amounts of time.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 06-16-2021, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get rid of natural respawns and only have raid mobs spawn on quakes.
I agree.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:38 PM
Banned

How about instead of trying to change the world we just focus on this one point. Why does everyone have to put their negative two cents in or change the topic at hand and make it a bigger deal than what it is?

If you can't specify the beneficial aspects of keeping it the way it is over what I'm proposing, you're just howling at the moon here and not bringing anything to the conversation.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about instead of trying to change the world we just focus on this one point. Why does everyone have to put their negative two cents in or change the topic at hand and make it a bigger deal than what it is?

If you can't specify the beneficial aspects of keeping it the way it is over what I'm proposing, you're just yelling at the moon here and not bringing anything to the conversation.
The benefit is the time invested. That's mostly why we keep coming here. You put in the time, you get the items in the long run. The ring is great, 85hp 50mana, and the SWC is BIS. Someone inspects you, they know you're serious about this game. It doesn't need to change. Even less so because *you personally* don't want to sit through the window again.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:47 PM
Banned

You haven't specified one single reason of why the current meta is better than what I'm proposing. You're attempting to justify it simply for the sake of your argument, which has no bearing in reality on the topic.

The bottleneck will still be there, it's not going to go away. The only thing that goes away is hundreds of combined hours wasted staring at a screen.

There has been almost zero problems with the ring 8 player made agreement and has happily moved along fine without intervention from CSR. There won't be any change from the staff to be more involved in any way, shape, or form regarding this matter either.

What's not to like?
Old 06-16-2021, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

I hate to break it to you but 100% of everquest is time wasted in front of a screen hope this helps
Old 06-16-2021, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to break it to you but 100% of everquest is time wasted in front of a screen hope this helps
Arbitrarily versus non.

There's difference and it's an important distinction.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You haven't specified one single reason of why the current meta is better than what I'm proposing. You're attempting to justify it simply for the sake of your argument, which has no bearing in reality on the topic.

The bottleneck will still be there, it's not going to go away. The only thing that goes away is hundreds of combined hours wasted staring at a screen.

There has been almost zero problems with the ring 8 player made agreement and has happily moved along fine without intervention from CSR. There won't be any change from the staff to be more involved in any way, shape, or form regarding this matter either.

What's not to like?
The thrill of having another player fall asleep, give up, go LD or not roll. You've got 20 people there, suddenly you're down to 12.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:

If you can't specify the beneficial aspects of keeping it the way it is over what I'm proposing, you're just howling at the moon here and not bringing anything to the conversation.
you could always go on red server and just murder everyone else contesting angry.

Hell you dont even NEED to do the regal band quest for your SWC. You can just buy an MQ and subsequently get the ring additionally. I'll sell you my ring in an MQ for 200k if you dont want to do angry anymore :P
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Last edited by myrddraal; 06-16-2021 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: added some
Closed Thread