Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 08:31 AM
Banned

This show does more harm to females than a thousand trumps and yet a feminist starts a thread about it and then a feminazi immediately replies “my wife loves this show” cringe
Old 02-13-2018, 08:43 AM
Banned

Top KeK D
Old 02-13-2018, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This show does more harm to females than a thousand trumps
lolllllllllllllllll

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

but thanks for calling me a feminist and not a feminazi! baby steps.
twitch.tv/kayyte_p99
Old 02-13-2018, 11:23 AM
Banned

"your behavior is the root of the patrarchy, incel.. IM going to go support a media conglomerate that depicts women as vapid objects and informs the behaviors of literally 10s of millions of people"

"if you use the world guy to describe a male but girl ( a word to describe a child) to describe a female, then YOU are the root cause of sexism, but im going to go watch this show that enforces the stereotype that women are vapid objects whos job is to please a man"

"If you dont support us when we say that WHITE MALES are the cause of sexism then YOU are a sexist, but im going to go watch this show with my daughter that teaches her that she is a worthless, souless object and a man should pick from a bounty of them to please his every desire."

"why dont men just LISTEN to us?!?!?!"

Get.

real.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"your behavior is the root of the patrarchy, incel.. IM going to go support a media conglomerate that depicts women as vapid objects and informs the behaviors of literally 10s of millions of people"

"if you use the world guy to describe a male but girl ( a word to describe a child) to describe a female, then YOU are the root cause of sexism, but im going to go watch this show that enforces the stereotype that women are vapid objects whos job is to please a man"

"If you dont support us when we say that WHITE MALES are the cause of sexism then YOU are a sexist, but im going to go watch this show with my daughter that teaches her that she is a worthless, souless object and a man should pick from a bounty of them to please his every desire."

"why dont men just LISTEN to us?!?!?!"

Get.

real.
Look I'm not going to say the Bachelor is a bastion of feminism because it's clearly not. But you seem to be forgetting that the show alternates between the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. So it's not like the show only teaches young girls that they are "a worthless, souless object and a man should pick from a bounty of them to please his every desire" ... it also teaches men that they too are "worthless, souless objects and a woman should pick from a bounty of them to please her every desire" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or maybe it doesn't teach either, maybe it just teaches us the same lesson as all reality TV: that the human race is sad and pathetic at times, and many of us (including my wife) like to enjoy the schadenfreude of that combined with a (heavily produced/fake/soap opera) love story.

P.S. My wife actually can't stand the schadenfreude part, but she's a sucker for the love story part.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:20 PM
Banned

hey guys my wife watches the worst reality tv for the fake love story

😬
Old 02-13-2018, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look I'm not going to say the Bachelor is a bastion of feminism because it's clearly not. But you seem to be forgetting that the show alternates between the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. So it's not like the show only teaches young girls that they are "a worthless, souless object and a man should pick from a bounty of them to please his every desire" ... it also teaches men that they too are "worthless, souless objects and a woman should pick from a bounty of them to please her every desire" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or maybe it doesn't teach either, maybe it just teaches us the same lesson as all reality TV: that the human race is sad and pathetic at times, and many of us (including my wife) like to enjoy the schadenfreude of that combined with a (heavily produced/fake/soap opera) love story.

P.S. My wife actually can't stand the schadenfreude part, but she's a sucker for the love story part.
actually the bachlorette also is am embarrassment and encourages the patriarchy more than any pussy grabbing old man does.

please get your head out of your ass for at least 5 seconds so you can respond with an ounce of consistency with your over the top message.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:27 PM
Banned

I stand behind my hunny bunny’s choice of bad TV because at least the Kardashian’s are RUNNING THEY SHIT MAKIN STACKS SECURING THEY EMPIRE
Old 02-13-2018, 12:33 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2018, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stand behind my hunny bunny’s choice of bad TV because at least the Kardashian’s are RUNNING THEY SHIT MAKIN STACKS SECURING THEY EMPIRE
Humans are complex multi-faceted creatures, and so are our TV shows. A TV show can be more/less feminist, but that doesn't make that inherently good/bad.

To take another example, women can't participate in male pro sports, no matter how good they are (much like blacks were once also prohibited from participating). I'd like to see a future where anyone of any gender can join a professional sports team ... but does that mean I think no one should watch any sports until that happens? Of course not.

We have to live in (and watch the TV shows in) the society we have now. That doesn't in any way preclude us from trying to make the society of tomorrow better.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread