Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 03:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite part was Brad's response when he was asked if he will release information on where the $160,000 was spent, like the Star Citizen devs did w/ their donated funds.

"No."

This game doesn't even have a design doc, which could be written up in a week for free. Feels pretty scammy at this point.
It really does seem illegal at this point when you consider he's still accepting money on the site even though the game is dead.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

hookers and blow

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 04-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish the worf show happened
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Kobold

Devs came on KTAM Radio tonight and told us what we already know: Brad is either a complete moron or a complete moron who stole 160k.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPackage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brad payed each dev 10k for 50 days of work.

The devs complaining are money hungry assholes.

Pras Brad
If that is true, then they got paid pretty well for their part in things.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefloydian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shit is going to get ugly. Pretty sure McQuaid took the money and went on a vicodin bender. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didn't see that coming LOL.....
Old 04-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPackage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He also flew 10 people out to san diego and fed/sheltered them.

That is not cheap either.

Whiny ass babies. Developers are replaceable

I was most impressed with the lore and concept art teams. From the rest of the work I've seen, everyone else could easily be replaced with newbies out of college/training.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean Worf had a moral victory when he was in the Klingon Civil War thing from TNG.

But for almost the entirety of TNG he was a punching bag for whatever strong mighty thing they had to go up against that week. Then...he got fucking GLORIOUS when he went to the Prison Camp and Owned all those Jem`Hadar. From then on Worf fucked ******s up left and right.

Fuck he couldnt even win against the borg in the DEFIANT in First Contact. A Ship Designed to fuck up the Borg Cubes.

Best TNG movie, worst moment of the franchise.
All the TNG movies were shit. They compromised too much for the big screen, had to have them Data "funnies" in there every time, and I don't remember her name but the black girl in First Contact was a terrible character #notracist

The best TNG was the final 3 seasons, tons of good episodes.

As for Worf I thought he was a good addition to DS9, but the Quark/Odo interactions were the best thing going for the entire 7 seasons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All the TNG movies were shit. They compromised too much for the big screen, had to have them Data "funnies" in there every time, and I don't remember her name but the black girl in First Contact was a terrible character #notracist

The best TNG was the final 3 seasons, tons of good episodes.

As for Worf I thought he was a good addition to DS9, but the Quark/Odo interactions were the best thing going for the entire 7 seasons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The klingon character development is really stong. Mar'tok was a great character. But that odo/quark cat and mouse shit was fantastic for any era of television.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 04-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Paramount are missing a trick. If they moved away from the Federation and made a Klingon Empire based Star Trek with a strong plot line, Game of Thrones levels of violence/brutality... they could redeem themselves from their last attempt at a series. "Enterprise" sucked.

I liked Mar'tok, I liked it even better that the real one was locked away in the gamma quadrant for so long [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread