Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really do man!
There i fixed it.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:04 PM
Aviak

Bigjeff? More like Bigbitch, lawl
Old 11-26-2019, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotsalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bigjeff? More like Bigbitch, lawl
Ok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In other news- High Winds to pick up Tuesday night in parts of the northwest interior, stay tuned for more details.

https://www.king5.com/
Old 11-27-2019, 03:53 AM
Fire Giant

I won't play RoZ. There's no long con/time investment to take advantage of.

I'd consider Red 2.0, but I have my life/health/emotional well being to think about.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 11-27-2019, 04:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chaotic Neutral? What do we file Tassy under?
short person bullied irl so he says "fuck" and "shit" a lot on the interwebs to compensate
Old 11-27-2019, 06:24 AM
Banned

Being one of the main tanks in the top guild on Sullon Zek for many years, I can safely say that EQ PvP is simply trash. With so many other better PvP games out, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to play such a hopelessly imbalanced PvP game. It was cool when there were thousands of people playing it and there were very few other games available but now it's basically just a joke and will always result in a dead server very quickly.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyrkoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
short person bullied irl so he says "fuck" and "shit" a lot on the interwebs to compensate
You guys go to personal shots over someone saying fuck on the Internet. I fucking love it. Cause it means jabs are going through and penetrating the feeble mind of a 40 year old eq addict.

P.S. RoZ is going to be terrible and obviously you all have absolutely nothing to do. Don’t worry i’ll Keep checking up on you all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-27-2019, 09:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being one of the main tanks in the top guild on Sullon Zek for many years, I can safely say that EQ PvP is simply trash. With so many other better PvP games out, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to play such a hopelessly imbalanced PvP game. It was cool when there were thousands of people playing it and there were very few other games available but now it's basically just a joke and will always result in a dead server very quickly.
5:30AM? is that when the camp lines are shortest on Teal?

Stick to what you are best at. No one wants to hear about PVP from some guy that introduces themselves as a tank.

What was your biggest play? Hitting your midnight mallet at the right time when all the other tanks went down?
Old 11-27-2019, 10:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it adds to the magic of the Everquest world in general. Why do most people play Everquest? Because its immersive and the game world makes sense and the community.

Well PvP just adds to all three of those.

Now the people that play PvP as a poor substitute for Counterstrike with Elves. Yeah I don't understand why they bother. Duels, Arena competitions, the endless throw away shitboxes they advertise here, etc. Thats all a waste.

A classic Everquest Red server is just Everquest kicked up a notch in the immersion factor and community interdependence and accountability.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A classic Everquest Red server is just Everquest kicked up a notch in the immersion factor and community interdependence and accountability.
Red server had a ton of corruption. There wasn't 1 dev that worked out. I don't know how people with these high expectations are blind to what they defend for years on here. Red99 had the best chance out of any PvP server of having a real population and they blew it because the server was so bad. If Red99 had a decent launch and wasn't riddled with awful GMs maybe they could have kept 40-50% of the player base longer term. They went from like 900 launch day to 20 in 6 months.

If a new server opened everyone would play for that chance at a 500+ population again but the problem is still there. P99 devs banning entire guilds because they don't like how a mob is killed even though both guilds do it. P99 devs are too strict and too lazy to be consistent with the strict rules.
Last edited by Raclen; 11-27-2019 at 11:09 AM..
Closed Thread