Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:08 AM
Aviak

I don't know how to solve this problem, but there definitely is a problem.

People didn't sit in a room in neriak for 5 days straight in 1999. This shit isn't classic

edit: just curious, whats happened to cause this thread? who got the last verina?
Last edited by Zinyen; 04-26-2012 at 06:14 AM..
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A guild rotation seems dumb to me.
What about those Enchanters that are unguilded? An enchanter without a guild can pretty easily get a group together for this kill.

Maybe what is needed is a line, similar to how Chancellor used to be for the Howling Stones key piece. First come order... though I can see modifying this a bit, so the enchanter doesn't need to be logged in 24 hours a day, up to 7 days.... Perhaps another toon can hold their spot.
I don't see how it is dumb, other epic pieces require at least a small raid to get, why would they want to cockblock somebody on this piece when they would have a difficult enough time getting some if there other pieces?

Just don't see many pickup raids on this server.
Powerful 51 Iksar Monk
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about those Enchanters that are unguilded? An enchanter without a guild can pretty easily get a group together for this kill.

Maybe what is needed is a line, similar to how Chancellor used to be for the Howling Stones key piece. First come order... though I can see modifying this a bit, so the enchanter doesn't need to be logged in 24 hours a day, up to 7 days.... Perhaps another toon can hold their spot.
A waiting list sounds like a perfectly suitable idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see how it is dumb, other epic pieces require at least a small raid to get, why would they want to cockblock somebody on this piece when they would have a difficult enough time getting some if there other pieces?

Just don't see many pickup raids on this server.
So just because I can't say, field a force for Severilous to get my green dragon scale for my epic just yet, you say I shouldn't have a right to do a 3man fight for my epic and get it out of the way? No, if an enchanter is able to do this fight and wants to camp it and can bring the force necessary in the alotted time then you can't just tell them no, I won't let you. Sure it's kind of annoying that lots of pieces might sit banked for a while but gosh if everyone actually did things in only the most efficient manner there would be no one left pre 60 without epics by now and the server would be a ghost town (oh look there goes a tumbleweed).
<Divinity>
Last edited by Sylexis; 04-26-2012 at 09:49 AM..
Old 04-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
In the suggested rotation there is an idea in place to allow unguilded (the wording was "...in a non primary guild...") enchanters a chance at the mob. I am definitely not opposed to a line like chancelor.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinyen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know how to solve this problem, but there definitely is a problem.

People didn't sit in a room in neriak for 5 days straight in 1999. This shit isn't classic

edit: just curious, whats happened to cause this thread? who got the last verina?
From the perspective of the BDA necro at the last spawn. Taken's perspective may well be different:

Last Verina was a bitch of a spawn, went damn near to the end of the window. She popped, and people came running. THere were about 15 or so people in the zone or so, perhaps 4 or 5 taken, 4 BDA, and a smattering of others. I, 56 necro, engaged Verina, being assured that with a 59 cleric, 60 druid and the epic-waiting enchanter we'd have no problem dropping her. 50-something warrior was zoning in as I engaged.

My pet got FTE and then Taken jumped in on the mob. Lostprophets (epic warrior) outdamaged my pet (go fig) and their group got the kill. Their chanter looted the epic piece and they all left.

Their argument was that I we couldn't claim the camp with a necro/cleric/druid/chanter, since that didn't represent "kill force," I think confusing the camping rules (need killing force) with the FTE rules (first to engage on a popped mob wins). BDA petitioned, GM agreed that we had FTE and deserved the loot, and our chanter received the piece.

I'm pleased to note that through it all, Taken and BDA were relatively civil to each other (in non /gu at least giggle), and there wasn't any ugly name calling. I suspect, however, that there are some people on both sides who aren't happy with the way things went, and aren't happy with specific members of the other guild, which is really a shame.

In summation, this whole thing is a giant clusterfuck. It seems like there are permanent trackmules just sitting there in the room staring at the spawn point, and while there's no clickfest like Ragefire, it's still hardly a healthy situation. It would be great if the leadership of the big guilds would get together and hash out a rotation just like Ragefire. I, however, am just a worker bee logging in to kill pixels, and so my opinion isn't worth a whole heck of a lot.

-Berty, BDA Necro
Old 04-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for that explination Berty.

It would be nice if some of the guild leaders could post some of their thoughts on this. It would save a lot of frustration for not only the enchanters but the guilds involved in this camp.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Aviak

You're proposing a guild rotation on a mob that can be trioed. Bit absurd. FTE seems to make perfect sense here.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're proposing a guild rotation on a mob that can be trioed. Bit absurd. FTE seems to make perfect sense here.
It's less about force assembly and more about avoiding the situation of 15 people poopsocking in a room. In the end it saves a lot of time and frustration, especially for people who have obligations that make variance windows tougher.

In the end it works better for everyone. Less hassle and headache. More time to plan for your window etc...
Old 04-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylexis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A waiting list sounds like a perfectly suitable idea.

So just because I can't say, field a force for Severilous to get my green dragon scale for my epic just yet, you say I shouldn't have a right to do a 3man fight for my epic and get it out of the way? No, if an enchanter is able to do this fight and wants to camp it and can bring the force necessary in the alotted time then you can't just tell them no, I won't let you. Sure it's kind of annoying that lots of pieces might sit banked for a while but gosh if everyone actually did things in only the most efficient manner there would be no one left pre 60 without epics by now and the server would be a ghost town (oh look there goes a tumbleweed).
I guess we just wont see eye to eye on this. I personally wouldn't contest this camp knowing that for most the enchanters there its their final piece. If I worked on the rest of the quest, by the time I got toVerina there probably wouldn't be a line. I would never tell anybody they couldn't do something, like I'm some higher power, but I can't say I would sympathize with them.
Powerful 51 Iksar Monk
Old 04-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My argument isn't about the force needed in the fight, it's the 2-7 day variance with a high chance of losing the mob if you don't have a group of friends bound/camped out in that room. The point of this agreement is to save many hours of camping a mob and becoming increasingly frustrated if you lose one or more mob that you have been camping for multiple days and doing nothing else.

This is not classic at all. The variance is, but the original intention of the variance was so people would not sit and camp the spawnpoint of the mob for GMS to be forced to look up records for the FTE person. Things are incredibly cutthroat on this server, which in and of itself isn't a negative thing, but in this instance it seems overbearing and overburdoning especially for the enchanters not in the top guilds.

Ask yourself this question - Are you happy to be mandated to sit and camp a mob for 2-7 days and do nothing else to have a chance at this mob?

If you are fine doing that, do you feel the need for all other enchanters to do this exact same thing?
Last edited by Kope; 04-26-2012 at 02:39 PM..
Closed Thread