Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Kobold

Default Pantheon

This shit is going to get ugly. Pretty sure McQuaid took the money and went on a vicodin bender. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Sarnak

What meltdown?
Old 04-15-2014, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

do tell do tell
Old 04-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

Guessing he talking about this:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/14/561...until-finances
Old 04-15-2014, 12:16 AM
Kobold

I just started listening to the live podcast at KTAM Radio, so I'm not 100% sure what's going on. But from what I gather this got posted: https://www.pantheonrotf.com/blogs/3...cial-situation early in the morning or last night, and it blindsided most of the development team and the people who donated.

I never considered giving McQuaid a dime, and this is exactly the reason why. I understand that they didn't raise a ton of money, but it's only been like a month and with what pittance they are paying most of the "devs" (a lot of them are even working for free) there's no way they could have blown through 150k. I think a lot of people are really questioning what happened to the money at this point.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, but there's more than that. There was a 4 hour podcast that's wrapping up on this site: http://www.ktamradio.com/

A number of people involved with the project have been on and talked about it, and not one of them has defended Brad. The rest of them have basically gone AWOL.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's normal though. Anyone who decided to pledge after the kickstarter failed knew that they were just giving money to Brad at that point and hoped he would do what was best for the future of the game. 150,000$ is nothing in terms of MMO development and it probably barely got them in the door with bigger companies at this point.

I wish them the best of luck though. I hope they get a chance to make their dream game with the vision that they have. I wouldn't call it a meltdown though.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's normal though. Anyone who decided to pledge after the kickstarter failed knew that they were just giving money to Brad at that point and hoped he would do what was best for the future of the game. 150,000$ is nothing in terms of MMO development and it probably barely got them in the door with bigger companies at this point.

I wish them the best of luck though. I hope they get a chance to make their dream game with the vision that they have. I wouldn't call it a meltdown though.
I admit to not knowing shit about anything, but from what I gather he wasn't really paying any of these people anything and a lot of them were completley blindsided by the news. Just seems kind of sketchy to me.

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...391#post652391
Old 04-15-2014, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefloydian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I admit to not knowing shit about anything, but from what I gather he wasn't really paying any of these people anything and a lot of them were completley blindsided by the news. Just seems kind of sketchy to me.
Oh. That is sketchy then. :/
Old 04-15-2014, 12:27 AM
Kobold

Yeah, I dug this up after reading about this stuff today: http://www.thegrouchygamer.com/?p=80

Hadn't ever seen this stuff before. When you combine that with the fact that he was obviously fucked up during at least one of those developer roundtable things, it's not looking good. Someone on that FoH thread said "Brad just ebayed the guild vault" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread