Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Default A guild that doesn't level.... (much)

Anyone wana make a guild that doesn't level (much)? And see how far we can go? With an ultimate cap at level 20 (but down the road, no rush :P)

Like the camp of forever level 20 heroes in cauldrons! That fights them goblins.

The thing I've come to realize with EQ is that there isn't much at the end of the game. (and it takes a lot of grinding, which I don't wana do for months :P)

Once you get to max level and raids become more about being semi-afk with large crowds of people to have a chance to get a slightly better item... or to do "just another solo camp for cash" to twink out alts to play.... the game changes to being pretty much trivial. Anything you want you are just getting with your "real character"....and then your "fun character" all you can think to do is grind most efficiently (and everyone knows that path).

BUT!! If you are around level 20 ALWAYS....90% of the game is still a challenge! Sand giants never stop being a threat or an achievement to kill....goblins are always something to be careful about....traveling and watching out for lions is always on your mind....

Basically, the game world stays alive if you stay lower level. Your character is more of a character in the world, instead of just being an unstoppable force at the top. Most my time I run around doing random quests to see what I can do, or visiting different dungeons to see what's happening.

And it isn't like you can't advance at lower levels. You can still get TONS of equipment and become pretty strong....and with different tactics, you can take down some pretty high level targets (my level 7 can take down giants :P and I know how to do it regularly if i want money in a decent amount of time).

The problem is not many other people play this way. And "real" low levels aren't used to pushing outside of the safe blue fights....let alone the idea of taking down things 20+ levels ahead of you (they won't even join to attempt it normally!!!). And just having help from higher levels isn't as epic a battle or achievement.

I'd love to see what a real team of level 16-20's could do when properly equipped and used to facing the big dangers. It would be like most of the game being the planes!!

Except with some extra restrictions....like spells don't land on enemies, and also enemies hurt a bananas amount.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:39 PM
Orc

I think it would better if the cap was a bit higher, or no cap at all but with the EXPERIENCE being the priority and the xp being a byproduct.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it would better if the cap was a bit higher, or no cap at all but with the EXPERIENCE being the priority and the xp being a byproduct.
Or just a sliding cap as the game progresses. Going up to 20 before kunark...then when kunark comes 22....and then up to 24 when velious comes.

Can even camp stuff by recruiting larger levels as the main tank. A level 30 warrior couldn't camp guk alone....but a level 30 warrior with 5 level 20's who don't care about EXP sure could.

It's not about doing things just with an isolated group. It's more RP and excitement. Playing low level doing higher level stuff is much more thrilling.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So if someone gets to 21 are they kicked out?
Old 11-21-2019, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if someone gets to 21 are they kicked out?
Then you go on suicide missions until you lose your level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-22-2019, 03:16 AM
Planar Protector

Can I level to 50, get my weapon skills etc capped then delevel to 20?

(the P99 mentality sometimes)
Old 11-22-2019, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I level to 50, get my weapon skills etc capped then delevel to 20?

(the P99 mentality sometimes)
Except skills de-level with you....so if you did that you would still fight as a level 20. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The entire thing is about becoming a great hero as just a level 20, instead of a twink of a higher level.

Kinda like an Ald Lang Bob guild (who named that guild?!), without a bunch of rules....since everyone is low level...so "do what you can!!!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2019, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except skills de-level with you....so if you did that you would still fight as a level 20. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you sure?
Old 11-22-2019, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you sure?
72.4% sure......I was 99% sure, but then you askin that makes me less sure....
Old 11-22-2019, 04:56 AM
Sarnak

I would be down for this, I killed a sand giant with you and it was a rush!