Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 08:21 PM
Large Rat

Default The Sleeper

I am a very, very casual player who has barely made level 30 on a necro since green opened. I have done many of the low level quests though from Qeynos to Freeport, which may be part of the reason why I level so slowly. Plus, I went back and forth with my Warrior for about 6 months

Anyway, here's my question. What do I need to do for my Necro to catch a glimpse of the sleeping Sleeper when Velious is released? Is there any hope for the likes of a player like me to even see (besides on You Tube) what may be to a small but devoted following the holy grail of gaming?
Old 10-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Expect that you'll need to be in a top raid guild.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:13 PM
Banned

Give up showering and any semblance of a normal mammalian sleep cycle.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Default full download inc

Getting into Sleeper's Tomb requires a key. To get this key, you need to loot an item from various high-end Velious raid bosses. These bosses will be hotly contested by the various raid guilds of Green. ST keys will be among the most prized items, and supply will be very limited.

Furthermore, guilds will prioritize keying certain classes in order to efficiently assemble a keyed raid force in order to begin farming the Warders for primal weapons and other ST loot. They'll probably key one warrior, multiple clerics, one enchanter and one shaman for buffs, and a swarm of rogues. The number of necros will probably be low at first.

So, not only will you need to join one of these guilds, then compete against other guilds to kill those bosses - you'll also need to compete within that guild to get the key.

If you don't want loot from ST, don't bother going in there. It will cost a huge investment of time. It wouldn't be worth it to score a Sleeper's Key just to look around.

If you're interested, you can log onto a test server or EZ server or something, a server where everyone is a GM, and you can go take a look around.
Last edited by Videri; 10-02-2020 at 09:38 PM..
Old 10-02-2020, 09:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a very, very casual player who has barely made level 30 on a necro since green opened. I have done many of the low level quests though from Qeynos to Freeport, which may be part of the reason why I level so slowly. Plus, I went back and forth with my Warrior for about 6 months

Anyway, here's my question. What do I need to do for my Necro to catch a glimpse of the sleeping Sleeper when Velious is released? Is there any hope for the likes of a player like me to even see (besides on You Tube) what may be to a small but devoted following the holy grail of gaming?
Well you're first and foremost going to need to quit your job, probably 6+ months before Velious comes out, join the top guild, save all your DKP for an ST key unless they're loot counselled, which good luck getting an LC key on a necro but maybe they will, you're going to basically need to raid non stop, wake up for every batphone, and neckbeard to the point you wonder why you're doing this because it is more than likely effecting your work / personal life. In short, if you're a casual, you're not gonna see the sleeper.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think most of these responses are assuming you want to raid in ST while the Sleeper is still there , or to be part of the guild that wakes him up.

If you just want to see (and maybe be murdered by) him, you just need to place yourself in one of the non-ST zones that he rampages through after being awoken. I believe he goes to Skyshrine and murders Lord Yelinak, so getting high enough to get keyed for SS and being online when he's woken up should do the trick. The requirements for that should be a LOT less time intensive than getting keyed for ST.
Last edited by Philistine; 10-02-2020 at 10:47 PM..
Old 10-03-2020, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you're first and foremost going to need to quit your job, probably 6+ months before Velious comes out, join the top guild, save all your DKP for an ST key unless they're loot counselled, which good luck getting an LC key on a necro but maybe they will, you're going to basically need to raid non stop, wake up for every batphone, and neckbeard to the point you wonder why you're doing this because it is more than likely effecting your work / personal life. In short, if you're a casual, you're not gonna see the sleeper.
This is not an exaggeration sadly
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-03-2020, 06:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not an exaggeration sadly
It's pretty easy to answer batphones and sock a few mobs if you're working from home right now.

That said there are people already saving for ST keys so good luck.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:12 AM
Fire Giant

Play on any other, equally as important eq server that has sleeper mobs up. Go kill them. get pixels.

An SoD on TAKP is 60k in the bazaar. Salindrite 30k. BoC's have enraging blow and are cheap.

Go have fun. Server is historically without years of unmentionable conduct either, and is just as stable/near as accurate as p99, without massively overtuned raid content resists and atk power. Downside is you can't mouse scroll out.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

TAKP is a great p99 alternative without 10 years of the most toxic people on the internet as baggage. Everyone there is helpful, all raid content is rotated, and you're allowed to 3 box. The community is smaller but there are about 6 or 7 healthy guilds to choose from.
Closed Thread