Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 03-30-2024, 03:16 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New to EQ

Hi, I'm new to EQ project 1999, is there a way to change keybinds and screen resolution? currently, my game is stuck in windowed mode and only using half of my screen. just hoping to find a quick fix.
Old 03-31-2024, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Hey, welcome!

You can change keybindings in the options menu (alt + o) under keys.

And you can play on full screen but I think the game plays best in windowed mode, but you can set the window to basically cover your entire screen except the taskbar. You can do this in your eqclient.ini file.

find WindowedMode= if it's FALSE, set it to TRUE, then change the values of these to set the size of your window:
WindowedWidth=
WindowedHeight=

Type /chatfontsize 1-6 to in any text box in-game to change the size of the text in your chat windows. If other parts of the UI are too small there are further steps you can take.
Old 04-01-2024, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

Sort of offtopic but related if you're playing with windowed settings...

If you ever experience a black screen in the game, toggle between windowed and fullscreen by holding down Alt and pressing enter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2024, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sort of offtopic but related if you're playing with windowed settings...

If you ever experience a black screen in the game, toggle between windowed and fullscreen by holding down Alt and pressing enter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But also keep in mind this is an old school game so when a mob blinds you, your screen will go flat black. Once the blind wears off you will return to normal sight.