Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 01:17 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2021, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

So, if we decide to let people play Luclin and Pop, which we should.

What if we make a new expansion for classic after Velious?

I know people might not like this idea.

But what about a new continent of 3 human races. When you take the boat to the continent its a city of Samurai like classes, that have accepted the outer world access their port. Then to the west are Mongolian like horse riders. To the south west are elusive Native American like characters. They start with plus 100 track, and on their open planes its good for questing at low levels. Also nice cheap bows drop there often.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Dang did they lower the timer of how fast you can edit posts?
Old 04-16-2021, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

I was going to edit it so it says, "3 human civilizations" instead of 3 human races.
Old 04-16-2021, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

This is the raid level trolling section.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to raid Vex Thal, The deep, Ssra, Plane of Disease, Kill Xegony, kill Rathe council, and have an amazing time in Plane of Time !
No
Old 04-18-2021, 08:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As if we need the population spread out.

It would provide a handful of new permanent pharming spots while obsoleting a bunch of older pharming spots.

Paludal caverns are like maximum hyper power level for levels 1-10000 if you have classic EXP modifiers in place, that zone was insane.

So we would trade all content on vanilla, kunark, and velious, for the bazaar and like 2 or 3 other pharm spots.

Sounds dumb.

Geez do you not remember when these expansions hit live?

Please someone put me out of my misery.

Project EQ the grand creation will meet your needs though. Play there. Live your dream.
We need the raid content boost, maybe they could remove the bazaar and ports.
FYI,When Seal Team wakes the sleeper, they should drop Luclin just to spite them.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, if we decide to let people play Luclin and Pop, which we should.

What if we make a new expansion for classic after Velious?

I know people might not like this idea.

But what about a new continent of 3 human races. When you take the boat to the continent its a city of Samurai like classes, that have accepted the outer world access their port. Then to the west are Mongolian like horse riders. To the south west are elusive Native American like characters. They start with plus 100 track, and on their open planes its good for questing at low levels. Also nice cheap bows drop there often.
Exactly a modified custom Luclin, without the bazaar, no Beastlords, no cats, just focus on the AA and spells/skills addition (KEI anyone?) an the added raid content. Leave the rest of the exp unpopulated, ). The level wouldn't be raise or anything obviously.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sontalak has about 100k HP. Max Manaburn value in Luclin/PoP is 9492. It would take nearly 2 groups of manaburn wizards.

Also worth note, 2 weeks before PoP launch Manaburn became a DD+Debuff with 1min duration with this line:

2 Stacking: Block new spell if slot 2 is effect 'Manaburn' and < 1

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhis...51&source=Live

2002-10-16 11:15 Changed Durationtext from Instant to 1 min
2002-10-16 11:15 Added Slot 2: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 2 is effect 'Stacking1' and < 1

Essentially it prevented multiple manaburns from landing on mobs that had just been hit by it. So after Luclin finished and PoP was close to release, you could no longer stack Manaburns. With Luclin AA rates and the fact that you need to get 24 AAs to unlock Manaburn I would be shocked if any guild had 12 wizards with Manaburn by PoP launch considering Spell Casting Fury/Mastery are more valuable AAs to get for a raiding wizard.

Also to everyone who hates on PoK, people already refuse to run a huge amount on P99. See all those people in EC asking for a teleport to South Ro for example, all 3 zonelines away. People on P99 tend to just pay someone who may as well be an NPC as far as they are concerned for a teleport to their destination. Having played both a 60 druid and 60 wizard on P99 I can tell you the social interactions from people asking for ports are basically non-existent. They're about 2 tells with travel destinations, payment offers and thanks. No one is forming friendships or static groups with the random guy asking for the druid or wizard to port them to another group that doesn't want a druid or wizard to join it.

Having PoK stones in though allows groups to pick up members without worrying about a huge travel time/delay to replace a member and it allows you to skip exp-highway zones and travel to oddball zones that don't see much traffic. Also by this time, druid/wizards are balanced out much better with AAs/Spells in Luclin and PoP, so the "loss" of porting it pretty negligible. Not to mention the Kunark/Velious/Luclin ports all still hold value, as do the Karana, Ro, Commons and Stonebrunt ports. Less than half of the classic teleports have a PoK book in them, 0 of the expansion ports have a PoK book (except Nexus/PoK themselves which don't really count)

In summary, when Green reached Velious end-game, make Blue a Luclin->PoP bound server.
Wrong about the manaburn, you forgot the crits son. At one point was critting for like 12k with Agnarr's Thunder alone. You crit a manaburn an BOOM!
Old 04-18-2021, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

I've grown to not hate beastlords. Maybe only in a different version, like Luclin or Pop.

I still think there may, need to be a split between Luclin, pop and classic though. It may just have too much of a Luclin feel no matter what. Even if we take away most spire ports to Luclin, so wizards and druids still have ports. Like I said Luclin may be fun in its own version of EQ but maybe it takes away from the feel of classic, even if the expansion could have been done better.

I think we may need an entirely separate expansion for classic. Also, people may need to consider doing what we did to rubicite to other items. Lower/Change/relocate drops, because the feel of items devaluing may be inevitable no matter how good the expansion is, after x given amount of expansions.
Closed Thread