Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

A) I have a lot of friends on p99
B) I am attached to my characters I've already leveled to 60.
C) I don't want to have everyone boxing a dozen characters.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never made close friends on P99, and I find that kind of sad because I genuinely love conversation with people online. So I was pleasantly surprised to discover that people on TLP are way more interested in friendship and social interaction with one another.

I played the hell out of some P99 and never heard a single friend's voice on voice chat. My first night on TLP I had a group invite me to Discord, and started regularly having voice chats 1-50. Makes the game a lot less mind numbing and disorienting when you have friends to talk to and joke with.

It's honestly nice to be able to hear someone's voice too, and see what they look like or learn more about them or where they're from. You can tell when someone's getting tired or if they are serious about trying to pull an all-nighter. If they're trying to be greedy with loot or if they genuinely want something for an upgrade.

Also a shocking amount of females play on TLP, which was surprising for me, but it really shouldn't be. Like go on Tiktok and search EverQuest and that's literally the tip of the ice berg. I would argue that TLP has a female population comparable in proportion to that of WoW.

Also another thing about TLP that makes it more social is the fact that you can group with your friends. On P99, you don't just log on and group with your friends unless you are lucky. You usually take whatever group you can get, and a lot of times that's no group at all. But on TLP you build a group of friends, and then go to whatever zone you want to play in and type /pick and have fun. It feels so much better when you play the game with people you consider friends and not just the only group in your level range who would invite you, and whose name you probably won't remember 2 days from now.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also most people boxing will never impact you at all, it's like most of them are playing the game single player and will go out of their way to ever be in the same /pick as you. very few people (in my experience none) are going to multi-box 6 toons to join a 40-man raid guild. It just doesn't happen.

One thing that is funny though that ive noticed since playing on TLP.. like sometimes it's really hard to tell when someone is boxing and it makes me wonder how many people on P99 were boxing and I had no clue... like there is this monk/druid box on EQ who will simultaneously be moving both characters around different corridors of a dungeon, pulling with both of them. I have no clue how he does it, but it's very, very, very hard to tell that one person is controlling both characters.

Then other times when I think someone is boxing they're actually not and I'm shocked. Like IDK.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

TLDR: Joe is really upset that people on P99 dislike him so now he just wants to talk about how great TLP is to try and like insult P99 or something. No other reason why he would keep coming here and posting about it. Just gets sadder and sadder the more we see of him
Old 06-14-2021, 11:34 PM
Banned

ITT a fat person talks about being sad
Old 06-14-2021, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ITT a fat person talks about being sad
Translation: Joe is so mentally messed up that he thinks if you don’t try to brag about yourself on the internet it means you’re fat or unemployed etc.

Side note, he talks so much shit on P99 yet at the end of the day he can’t get enough of it and can’t keep himself from coming back here lol
Old 06-14-2021, 11:54 PM
Banned

TLDR fat kid is mad kid
Old 06-15-2021, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR fat kid is mad kid
Joe is off his meds tonight he’s having meltdowns left and right in every thread
Old 06-15-2021, 12:09 AM
Banned

Imagine calling yourself a liberal while having the audacity to make fun of people who have mental health issues

Like I’m a conservative who hates PC culture and even I won’t stoop that low
Old 06-15-2021, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Imagine calling yourself a liberal while having the audacity to make fun of people who have mental health issues

Like I’m a conservative who hates PC culture and even I won’t stoop that low
I’m not making fun of people with mental issues I’m just making a factual statement about your current state. Your low IQ strikes again
Closed Thread