Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would agree. I'm just responding to the- "all you do is click a button" argument. Don't kick up dust just to kick up dust cd288.
Potg is 4 times the mana of a port and has many great benefits. Not really comparable in terms of now the potg is causing you to have downtime that you should also be compensated for. When porting I’m rarely LOM because of the amount of time it takes to find another customer. I’ve never felt stiffed if someone tips me 30pp for a port at level 60.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Potg is 4 times the mana of a port and has many great benefits. Not really comparable in terms of now the potg is causing you to have downtime that you should also be compensated for. When porting I’m rarely LOM because of the amount of time it takes to find another customer. I’ve never felt stiffed if someone tips me 30pp for a port at level 60.
Shhh, stop talking now please.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shhh, stop talking now please.
Standard cop out lol
Old 06-07-2021, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Standard cop out lol
Quit bein an obnoxious cunt.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:57 PM
Orc

I do not understand the level of insults being thrown here. People are allowed to hold different opinions... but ignoring that...

When it comes to in-game support of others, people can charge what they like for their time - a lot, a little or nothing at all. Each person can set their charges as they wish, and each other person can accept that or not.... just like in "real life". Opinions are allowed to vary.

However, if you have an "expectation" of a certain level of payment, clearly state it in your advertisement and then no-one can complain. There is no "standard charge", even if one guild or one group of people are trying to impose one, because others do not have to accept that assumption.

So if you advertise "offering ports, tips accepted" when you actually EXPECT to receive a minimum amount of X (or X per level), then you only have yourself to blame when you get something less than you expected. Communication helps solve any issues.

Personally, I think many folks charge too much, but that is their decision to make not mine. I run and take the boats quite a lot. Each to their own.

Feanturil - 60 Monk <Castle>
Jennica - 60 Cleric <Castle>
Suzianna - 60 Magician <Castle>
Sinvaril - 59 Druid <Castle>
Findorae - 49 Paladin <Castle>
Old 06-07-2021, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Quit bein an obnoxious cunt.
Whoa this isn’t rnf my dude can’t use that language here
Old 06-07-2021, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Whoa this isn’t rnf my dude can’t use that language here
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2021, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

1pp/level isn't a hard rule, just a guideline. If you have trouble coming up with that kind of money as let's say a ~30+ player, there's bigger issues going on, and nobody's going to fault a level 11 player for not tipping exactly 11pp.

If you can't or don't want to tip that much, just ask whether there's a favor you can do in return. Perhaps the DaP druid has an alt in need of a quest item which drops in a place you like to camp. Or maybe you're a rogue and he's got a corpse which needs to be retrieved. By immediately taking the antagonistic stance of refusing to pay for a 'simple' service or paying less than the generally accepted rate you are not only cheating yourself out of prompt service in the future, but you are also cheating yourself out of meaningful social interaction with other p99 players.

P99 isn't a game with a million players where what you do doesn't have consequences down the line, good or bad. Be the best person you can be and you will be rewarded, be a bad person (even when it seemingly doesn't matter) and you will miss out on some future opportunities at some future point without even knowing about it.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, if you have an "expectation" of a certain level of payment, clearly state it in your advertisement and then no-one can complain.
"Dial A Port" characters are not allowed to set a rate; or at least, they weren't when I was porting. DaP is really the only game in town if you want to make money porting. You could choose to go solo as a porter, but you'll make far less money, and you don't make that much already.

I'll just end this by saying: anyone that thinks 1p per level is an unreasonable sum, consider the reason you want a port in the first place. You're trying to save time. Spend a week taking the boat or running from zone to zone, trying to get to groups you were invited to before they replace you, and ask yourself by the end of that week how much your time is worth.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Dial A Port" characters are not allowed to set a rate; or at least, they weren't when I was porting. DaP is really the only game in town if you want to make money porting. You could choose to go solo as a porter, but you'll make far less money, and you don't make that much already.

I'll just end this by saying: anyone that thinks 1p per level is an unreasonable sum, consider the reason you want a port in the first place. You're trying to save time. Spend a week taking the boat or running from zone to zone, trying to get to groups you were invited to before they replace you, and ask yourself by the end of that week how much your time is worth.
Meh not really. The amount of money I made solo porting vs being in DAP was roughly equivalent. DAP amount had a slight edge but it wasn’t significant. Plenty of people will send tells to random Druids asking for ports, and if you know the right places to be oocing you’ll do very well as a solo porter (e.g. OT ramp, dungeons where people commonly need ports out, EC instead of WC to snag the people heading to WC to try and find a port before they get there, etc).
Closed Thread