Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Default Agreements on bottlenecks in the new Chardok quests

The quest:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Regal_B...Bathezid_Quest

There are two significant bottlenecks: “a shady goblin” with a 24 hour respawn and “an angry goblin” with a three day respawn with 10% variance (not sure what the 10% means).

Once a lot of people get their faction up and start going for these, the best way for these is a /random on the “a shady goblin” like Scout, and having “an angry goblin” like the current Stormfeather camp.

Thoughts? Alternatives? What system best prevents player disputes, lawyer quest, and petition floods?
Old 02-10-2019, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

FTE.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTE.
You don’t kill them, you turn items in.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnymous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don’t kill them, you turn items in.
Click fest like Ring War then or Scout used to be.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

I mean does turning in even despawn them?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Rotation starting with aegis alliance
Old 02-10-2019, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean does turning in even despawn them?
Yes.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

It's going to be a shit show. Someday it may become a sane player agreement-regulated thing, but you have to remember player agreements require everyone to participate. For a long time Scout wasn't GM enforced, and even once the roles started you still had assholes trying to click ahead instead of rolling. It was only when the entire server came together and agreed on the roll that the staff finally started treating it as a rule and punishing people who try to skip the roll.

So while I'd love to believe that the server could learn from the past and come up with a plan that everyone can agree to ... I just don't see that happening until enough of the man-children who would disrupt such agreements get their FTE wins in so that everyone else can agree to something without it being disrupted.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

People from the hardcore guilds will not accept a roll agreement, it will be a total click fest. Casuals prepare.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Shady goblin despawns immediately upon turn-in. so to the lowest ping go the spoils.

Angry goblin does NOT immediately despawn though, meaning that a click-fest will result in everyone handing their item in to him, just like Scout Charisa.

However, unlike Scout, Angry Goblin does not state who the winner was in his script. So everyone will have handed their thing in, but no one will know who actually got it in first.

Behold:

[Sun Feb 10 XX:XX:XX 2019] an angry goblin howls in triumph! 'This is just what I needed! Skargus is mine now, wait until he finds out, just wait! His death is close at hand. Follow me and I'll take you to Skargus's chamber, you can wait there while I take this report to the chief!'

[Sun Feb 10 XX:XX:XX 2019] an angry goblin shouts 'I have you now Skargus, you traitor! Even now I'm taking this report of slave-trading to the chief! Your days here are at an end!'

[Sun Feb 10 XX:XX:XX 2019] Warlord Skargus says 'I've gotta stop Gragbar before he turns in that report!'

(Gragbar is the name of the Angry Goblin, and not a PC name. It's a static part of the script)

Unless a player agreement is made to /random, it will just be a DPS (KS) race, and whoever loses will have also lost their Shady goblin turn-in.
Last edited by Morbo the Annihilator; 02-10-2019 at 03:33 PM..
Closed Thread