Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost positive that is only about summoned pets, probably intended to prevent low levels from forcing their pet to DW when the pet wouldn't equip 2 weapons and DW. Otherwise the patch didn't work or was reverted. Any 60 Enchanter on this server will tell you a torch or whatever will force DW, you can visually see the mob DWing and see the large jump in DPS in parses.
+1
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-11-2019, 02:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Says nothing about summoned only. Hmmm
If that applied to charmed pets that would mean a weapon + torch wouldn't force DW either, it would have to be two weapons. Over the years I have spent a lot of hours farming with a pet with nothing but a flute or torch I can guarantee ya it works.

If you want to see it in action you can parse it or find two of the same mobs that are the same level, give one an offhand item and leave the other one alone and see which one wins.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that applied to charmed pets that would mean a weapon + torch wouldn't force DW either, it would have to be two weapons. Over the years I have spent a lot of hours farming with a pet with nothing but a flute or torch I can guarantee ya it works.
I understand that it works, I leveled my enchanter to 60 before this patch hit and it was great.

What I'm trying to determine is the original intention of the patch and whether or not all charmed pets should require 2 actual weapons just like a summoned one. If so, then 2H weapon + Torch, hth + torch, and 1H weapon + torch shouldn't force DW.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Banned

I can say with 100% certainty that you only need to give your charm pet a torch (or any item that is "secondary" only) and it will quad.

It doesn't need a primary. If you have a torch, you have a quadding pet.

@OP - if you're solo, don't bother weaponizing...especially at low level. Focus on not dying. Keep your kill target rooted so you only have 1 thing running at you on breaks, use a stun + level 4 mez on breaks to give yourself time to re-tash and charm.

Couple of things I didn't know while leveling up: AoE mez (Mesmerization) and level 4 mez (Mesmerize) are interchangeable...meaning AoE mez can over-write level 4 mez, and vice a versa. Any higher level mez will NOT work with AoE mez. AoE mez scared the hell out of me when I was new to the game which is why I didn't discover this for an embarrassingly long time.

I can count on one hand the number of situations where you'll need to use anything more than a 24 second duration mez. It costs 20 mana.

Later on when you're doing a camp and want to keep / weaponize a pet...you can calm the mob while its still charmed, break charm w/ invis, root, mez, and mem blur. The mob will forget everything you've done to it, and will sit there for the duration of the root regening HP like a freight train. It also won't aggro you while your calm spell is on it (3 min duration).

If I had known these things while I was leveling, it would have been so much easier. I was using max level mez and not knowing about torches, etc until almost 50. I was so naive.

Hit me up if you have any more questions along the way. Love helping new enchanters out now that I (kind of) know what I'm doing. I'm not a pro by any stretch of the imagination but I can learn ya on the basics.
Last edited by kjs86z; 02-12-2019 at 10:18 AM..
Old 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Kobold

I have a quick follow-up question regarding giving an animation (not a charmed pet,) a weapon. Let's say by default, the animation has a shield and sword. If I give it one axe, the graphic changes to an axe and a shield. So at that point, it's still not dual-wielding correct? To do that, I'd need to give it TWO 1h weapons, is that right? IOW, the shield graphic must go away for it to be dual-wielding?
Last edited by deven1313; 03-12-2019 at 04:55 PM..
Old 03-13-2019, 07:43 PM
Kobold

bump
Old 03-14-2019, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a quick follow-up question regarding giving an animation (not a charmed pet,) a weapon. Let's say by default, the animation has a shield and sword. If I give it one axe, the graphic changes to an axe and a shield. So at that point, it's still not dual-wielding correct? To do that, I'd need to give it TWO 1h weapons, is that right? IOW, the shield graphic must go away for it to be dual-wielding?
After a certain level it will innately DW if I remember correctly. But giving it 2 one handers or secondary only item (torch, lantern, mandolin, flute , etc) should force a dual wield
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-14-2019, 04:07 AM
Fire Giant

very good questions, i also like to know

(1) our lvl 55 pet animation, by default is already holding 2 1-handers, do I still need to give it torch/1handers?

(2) I carry bags of torches on me all the time. When charming a mob without weapons, is it confirmed that giving it ONE torch is sufficient? I've been giving them 2 torches and now I feel like a fool...
Old 03-14-2019, 05:50 AM
Kobold

Zumaik's quads innately.

One torch is sufficient.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 03-20-2019, 11:06 AM
Large Bat

Default Haste?

On the note of weaponizing - what are everyone's go-to weapons?

I usually snatch up Wu Trance sticks, gnoll whips, and the cheaper ykesha items. What else works well for long camps partnered up with a cleric?

And does anyone bother with haste items? Does Mithril 2hander + torch haste the pet AND allow it to quad? Is there a cheaper haste item worth using?

FWIW - Just hit 51 on my enchanter, really enjoying the class. Shopping for -MR gear for pets too but jeez it's tough to find...
Closed Thread