Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

I did a little social experiment the other day and attempted a drop transfer in EC tunnel. I was shocked the bag wasn't there when I logged in on my bard. I called out in OOC that someone may have accidentally picked up my bag of newbie spells. *crickets*

Someone else has something to share in this thread. You know who you are.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I played a ranger on Povar during live, and was dueling a pally friend - Dunric. Went LD during the duel, killed him, and he lost XP. It was beautiful.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

I like to friend assholes/people who talk like its possible to be elite in a 20 year game on a emulated server. I talk to them for weeks on end like we are BFF's, messaging them words of encouragement and positivity. They oddly never put me on ignore like a normal person.

Currently BBF's with this human monk who told me she is "a legend on this server"... "I'm an icel" which is a double-edged sword because it clears me of all those hookers when I was in the Marines but doesn't explain these kids... "gets paid to play and stream EQ"..."her boyfriend's a famous streamer and would I like to talk to him"... I'm guessing to kick my ass in the virtual world ~shrug?~ either way the tears are solid gold and I giggle to myself like a 12 year old girl
Last edited by Gatorsmash; 02-19-2019 at 08:01 PM..
Old 02-19-2019, 09:44 PM
Kobold

On live (not on P99) I stripped and duped many character's items. Things like multiple manastones, fungis, you name it I had them. I literally had hundreds of thousands of plat a few months after kunark release. I also sold thousands of dollars of plat, $7 per 1kpp was the rate I remember and equipment on Ebay. It paid for my wedding, two week long honeymoon and all the new house utility expenses (painting, utility deposits, odd and ends).
I did one transaction with a guy that bought my plat for cash, then use the plat I sold him for cash to buy items I was selling for in game currency then he proceeded to buy back the plat with more cash.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharptooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have brain damage
Absolutely
Old 02-19-2019, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a ranger
Better save the rest if you ever want a decent eulogy.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Better save the rest if you ever want a decent eulogy.
I had good friends that landed me in a nice raiding guild, so it wasn't so bad. I mean, SOMEONE has to loot the RNG stuff that drops. To be honest, I'm in love with the class. As soon as I get my current batch of toons 55+ I'm really looking forward to a ranger twink.

But yea, I was very proficient in ranger-gating.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Man, I was awful on Live. Off the top of my head, take your pick:
  • Picked up half a dozen drop transfer bags.
  • Ninjalooted a CoF off an open Nagafen raid when I got solo exp.
  • Threatened people at Blackburrow entrance with training if they didn't pay me.
  • May have looted a guy when you could still do that if they consented you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2019, 08:05 AM
Aviak

My Cousin (26), my brother (16), and myself (13) all used to play together back before Planes was released. I played a Cleric, my brother played a Paladin, and my Cousin played a Mage.

Me and my brother were both just kind of general people, not super geared or anything, but our cousin had his epic, constantly raided, etc.

We installed a key logger on our own computer, and when he was over hanging out we asked him to log onto his toon and show us how his epic worked. Between the drive from our house back to his house, we had stripped his toons and transfered it all to naked characters on our accounts.

He hasn't talked to us since.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:59 AM
Large Rat

When I first got on live, I was around 14, and the noob guild I joined went to war with another guild. I dueled someone in the enemy guild and said, totally serious, "Let's dance." That person was subjected to the dumbest thing anyone on EverQuest has ever said.
Closed Thread