Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

We'll see how this works out. Can revisit Monday. Post thoughts on what's working or what isn't. I know some people are worried about making it "too easy" or "too casual".

Long time til Luclin anyways...
Old 02-15-2019, 05:39 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess you guys never did scout much before it was a roll, or when they were trying to convert it over which took several months.

when a mob has no variance and the spawn time can be figured out from the last turn in, people will literally show up 30 seconds before the mob spawns to click fest... good luck getting them to agree to it. Cant really hold them to "but everyone here agreed" if the agreement was made before they logged in, and they weren't part of the conversation.

kinda like forum agreements ... there are many players who rarely if at all come to these forums.

reminds me of a time @ scout like 20 people wanted to roll, and I said right in say. I had no issue doing that but if player, x,y, or z shows up before this pops the agreement goes out the window because they aren't going to agree...

and sure enough one of them showed up =p

why cant staff get creative here. There are several things on this server that aren't classic due to some reasoning behind it.

why not just flip flop the timers for shady and angry. that way the same amount of rings will be going onto the server as it did on live. While dealing with most of the issues here.

then for icing on the cake, all they need to do on the shady is add a invisible npc with no name that despawns 10? 30 seconds? Before the shady goblin spawns and doesn't go back for say 10 minutes.

this will 100% make is so people cant autofire / afk + autofire / just show up for welfare pixels and make doing the quest earned as it should be.
You’re correct ...

about a year ago I asked Nilbog to randomize the spawn(s) to eliminate this issue. Yes it isn’t classic, but neither is having tons of people with previous knowledge about the quest.

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 02-15-2019, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
about a year ago I asked Nilbog to randomize the spawn(s)
Is this referring to shady/angry?

I just feel like the current state of the quest is.. not fun. If it's gonna be a grind, I'd rather have a log-in-for-30-seconds grind than a sock-6-hours-a-day-potentially-forever grind. Both are dumb, but we're not going to get non-classic changes to speed up the amount of quests completed over time and improve the experience.

I'm hoping tomorrow's roll-in-advance option works out, because all people could decide on after debating was a 5 second roll window during a 6 hour window, which is just so alienating to most people. Makes me feel like we don't want people to experience and have fun with EQ, when we have the option to. All of these people all already put in the work to get Ally in the first place. EQ isn't hard.

Still, everyone would love a quick official chime-in on what constitutes a player agreement so we don't agree to roll in advance and have it degrade into a clickfest because of a random jerk.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

The world will go on if you skip this quest. I promise.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this referring to shady/angry?

I just feel like the current state of the quest is.. not fun. If it's gonna be a grind, I'd rather have a log-in-for-30-seconds grind than a sock-6-hours-a-day-potentially-forever grind. Both are dumb, but we're not going to get non-classic changes to speed up the amount of quests completed over time and improve the experience.

I'm hoping tomorrow's roll-in-advance option works out, because all people could decide on after debating was a 5 second roll window during a 6 hour window, which is just so alienating to most people. Makes me feel like we don't want people to experience and have fun with EQ, when we have the option to. All of these people all already put in the work to get Ally in the first place. EQ isn't hard.

Still, everyone would love a quick official chime-in on what constitutes a player agreement so we don't agree to roll in advance and have it degrade into a clickfest because of a random jerk.
+1, I am rolling on Phathom at the designated time tomorrow because as much as I enjoy staring at walls for 6 hours I also don’t.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:57 AM
Aviak

Wait, I thought the justification of a roll over clickfest was that it was unfair and benefitted those lucky enough to have a low ping.

Now its being turned into a preset time because you don't want to waste your time?? This makes it look like the people pushing rolls real concern wasn't the unfairness, but wanting to win with no effort.

If you don't want to waste your time waiting on the mob to spawn for a roll then don't come.

I do not support a preset time roll at all.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:12 AM
Fire Giant

Dont support here aswell.

Next step following this logic will be non presencial rolls ...
Old 02-16-2019, 08:17 AM
Kobold

Uhhh no cannot support this for so many reasons LOL...

Darkwharf
Old 02-16-2019, 09:25 AM
Sarnak

i agree with farellron in all things because he gives me my buffs. i dont think a preset time roll would be honored by a lot of people that showed up before the pop but after the preset roll.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Roll on pop is the only way most neckbeards will agree sorry lads its roll on pop or clickfest

Also you asked rogean if you could make this quest *worse* ? What the heck man lol
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread