Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh hush Sonderbeast; you know where you rank.
There's always a bigger fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Congress Sells Out Again

After spending the last 10 years debating border security—the last two of which were under unified GOP control—and then engaging in a 35-day shutdown the best Congress could muster this week was a 1,169 page bill that does nothing more than sustain the problem.

The fix was in from the start. Democrats entered negotiations determined not to give an inch to President Trump’s policy priorities, particularly on the wall. They were matched with Republicans who largely agreed with them. Senators Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.), Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), and John Hoeven (R-N.D.) made up Team GOP and of those names, the latter are three already on record supporting amnesty. Hoeven, in fact, was the lead sponsor of the Senate’s 2013 Gang of Eight amnesty proposal.

The Democrats, it seems, did not have to put up much of a fight on the wall, or, for that matter, on much else. Funding for 55 miles of fencing was included in the legislation—but paid for with $1.4 billion, less than the $1.6 billion Democrats were originally offering.

The Washington Post made clear the type of hardball Republicans were willing to play:

An emboldened House Appropriations Committee Chairwoman Nita M. Lowey (D-N.Y.), a Pelosi confidante, took a page from her friend’s playbook of driving a tough bargain: She walked into the room and surprised her Senate counterparts by lowering the offer to $1.375 billion.

Shelby accepted without a fight.
Let's talk about FACTS AND LOGIC for a minute here.

Could it be, that there simply is no reason to believe a wall is going to have a notable impact on illegal immigration or crime committed by immigrants?

Any facts or logic at all there besides: "Welp, walls keep people out."

How about the fact that the vast majority of immigrants illegally here didn't cross the boarder illegally? They overstayed their visas or enter based on asylum right? Well be seeing quite a few of them soon from Venezuela I'm guessing -- since we insist on being so fucking involved.

I have a radical idea here. Maybe this is not some globalist conspiracy to end America. Maybe these guys just don't think it matters because all the evidence points to that conclusion.

So Republicans, bare with me now, just pretend to think the wall is a good idea and that their base is correct. This allows them to be popular while they do other stuff they actually care about. Do you really think Mitch -- I married an Asian Immigrant -- McConnell sees eye to eye with his red neck base?

mind_blown.jpg

Let's just pretend there is no problem. It's not a big issue for wages, crime, or drugs. None of those things are greatly impacted by additional walls.

What would you populist Republicans focus on next? Maybe you should start coming up with something.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 02-18-2019 at 06:05 AM..
Old 02-18-2019, 06:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Could it be, that there simply is no reason to believe a wall is going to have a notable impact on illegal immigration or crime committed by immigrants?

Any facts or logic all there besides "Welp, walls keep people out."

How about the fact that the vast majority of immigrants illegally here didn't cross the boarder illegally? They overstayed their visas or enter based on asylum right? Well be seeing quite a few of them soon from Venezuela I'm guessing -- since we insist on being so fucking involved.

I have a radical idea here. Maybe this is not some globalist conspiracy to end America. Maybe these guys just don't think it matters because all the evidence points to that conclusion.

So Republicans, bare with me now, just pretend to think the wall is a good idea and that their base is correct. This allows them to be popular while they do other stuff they actually care about. Do you really think Mitch -- I married an Asian Immigrant -- McConnell sees eye to eye with his red neck base?

Attachment 10644

Let's just pretend there is no problem. It's not a big issue for wages, crime, or drugs. None of those things are greatly impacted by walls.

What would you populist Republicans focus on next? Maybe you should start coming up with something.
Now THIS is an aesthetically appealing post. The spacing. The gif. Too bad I didn't read it because it's commie garbage
Last edited by America; 02-18-2019 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: nice attachment embed :o kills longevity of the thread thru quotes. amateurish. use imgur or go home seriously.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:50 AM
Planar Protector

If the wall-fence-barrier ever managed to get built, after being deemed largely ineffective, the next proposal would be...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB4NOlCvr4A
Old 02-18-2019, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a damn thing.

Get up and go to work, does that change?

Brownies and Deviancy.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's always a bigger fish
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2019, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:

Any facts or logic at all there besides: "Welp, walls keep people out."

How about the fact that the vast majority of immigrants illegally here didn't cross the boarder illegally? They overstayed their visas or enter based on asylum right?
Jesus, this tired argument again...

1) Overstayed Visas only account for half

2) We can find those who overstay their visas
Old 02-18-2019, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In retrospect, it’s unsurprising that a lot of New Atheism devolved into reactionary, antifeminist, and even white supremacist thought, because it was never really about the things it claimed to be about. The dominant affect of New Atheism wasn’t humility, or reflexivity, or curiosity, all the things one truly needs to improve intellectually. It was smugness.
No, these atheists tell you straight up:

The new far left regressives are fundamentalists with a dogmatic ideology that resembles religion.

That's why.

But go ahead and listen to idiots who GUESS why a lot of Atheists have turned on the far left...
Old 02-18-2019, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, these atheists tell you straight up:

The new far left regressives are fundamentalists with a dogmatic ideology that resembles religion.

That's why.

But go ahead and listen to idiots who GUESS why a lot of Atheists have turned on the far left...
Old 02-18-2019, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Today's far left are almost identical to how the religious right acted in the 80s and the 90s.

It's your time to be the puritanical, moral busy-bodies who think of everything in terms of black and white.

The far left acts like a religious cult, who doesn't tolerate dissent or accept nuance.

Sorry you don't realize this.

There are famous Leftists who get death threats because they don't outright claim that they hate Trump.

That's what you guys are now.
Closed Thread