Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 04-11-2018, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should maybe check that yourself. Last I checked (last night) she calls the whole zone.
You kited the zone BEFORE engaging the mob and she didn't call the zone. Not working as intended I believe. empire didn't kill tunare because it wasn't worth clearing the whole zone. You are using a loop hole
Old 04-11-2018, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

There's a big difference between denial of content and contesting content. You may feel denied, but we complete the raid content after said denial. That's following not only the letter of the law, so to speak, but also the spirit of it.

Ronin, on the other hand, does not. But that really is beside the point.

You cannot bind in almost all Velious raid zones, and moreover, you cannot bind in any of the Planes with raid content. Plane of Mischief is an outlier, and quite honestly, it probably should be FFA on principle, despite having no raid content available there.

Consistency is key.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You kited the zone BEFORE engaging the mob and she didn't call the zone. Not working as intended I believe. empire didn't kill tunare because it wasn't worth clearing the whole zone. You are using a loop hole
You should go try it and see what happens.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should go try it and see what happens.
We watched you wipe and the bard continued to glitch the mobs over the pond then you reengaged it and it never called the mobs. This is for the gms to decide.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

I agree.

If any X is FFA, all X should be.

If binding is disabled in X, the all such X should be.

Whether X is raid zone, planar zone, is minutiae.

Yet TOV was handled differently and all currently bound were rebound- yet no other zone did that occur.

An inconsistency that prevents PVP bind rushing on NToV mobs- mobs that only a single guild kills- therefore a inconsistency that benefits one guild more so than others.

Again, I agree, consistency is key.
Last edited by Tigerstyle Wutangfist; 04-11-2018 at 04:59 PM..
Old 04-11-2018, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstyle Wutangfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree.

If any X is FFA, all X should be.

If binding is disabled in X, the all such X should be.

Whether X is raid zone, planar zone, is minutiae.

Yet TOV was handled differently and all currently bound were rebound- yet no other zone did that occur.

An inconsistency that prevents PVP bind rushing on NToV mobs- mobs that only a single guild kills- therefore a inconsistency that benefits one guild more so than others.

Again, I agree, consistency is key.
That isn't the mechanics of Everquest's fault that your guild can't complete raid content in ToV. It's because we won't let you, regardless of any mechanic in place. Your ability or inability to bind rush isn't indicative of inherent unfairness.

The better and bigger guild doesn't benefit because of mechanics swayed in their favor. In fact, allowing binds in ToV again would make our stranglehold on content even more lopsided than it is now.

At some point you need to take responsibility for your own shortcomings, preferably not in this thread.

Consistency means no binding in any current Velious raid zones, and FFA in all current Velious raid zones. End of story.
Last edited by Buhbuh; 04-11-2018 at 05:15 PM..
Old 04-11-2018, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
con·sist·en·cy
kənˈsistənsē/Submit
noun
conformity in the application of something, typically that which is necessary for the sake of logic, accuracy, or fairness.
"the grading system is to be streamlined to ensure greater consistency"
synonyms: uniformity, constancy, regularity, evenness, steadiness, stability, equilibrium; More
Statement: Binding in X zones is detrimental to PVP experience and will be changed.
Action 1 - Removing the ability to bind from X zones going forward
Action 2 - Replacing all character binds of Y with bind of EC.

X does not equal Y. Therefore the action was not consistent.

Either guilds ability or lack there of has nothing to do with that. An inconsistent adjustment was made, and due to its lack of consistency there is a positive and a negative, who lies on which side is subjective.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstyle Wutangfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Statement: Binding in X zones is detrimental to PVP experience and will be changed.
Action 2 - Replacing all character binds of Y with bind of EC.

X does not equal Y. Therefore the action was not consistent.
Inventing a Y in that equation doesn't make it any less wrong.

Quote:
Action 2 - Replacing all character binds in X zones retroactively with binds in EC.

fixed
Old 04-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

You either misunderstood or are wrong on your assessment of the value of X. I was referring to the actions taken on previous patches.

X = skyshrine, kael, icewell, TOV
Y = TOV

You "correction" is a denial of the law of identity.

For X to equal X as you are implying it, that would mean not a single PC remains bound in skyshrine, kael, or icewell.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

You continue to attack in attempt to exert dominance, adding un-cited/baseless comments and insults to an otherwise constructive debate on game mechanics and vying for their adjustment, one way or another. I am trying to maintain a reasonable discussion, however you appear to be unwilling or unable to understand logic, and continue to stray below the bounds of common discussion etiquette, despite warnings and post removal.

I think we agree on more aspects than not, and I do not deny that Apex is a stronger guild in many aspects on the server. Multiple rules need to be evaluated here, and while I concede that you may likely Tunare at some point, it should not be prior to a confirmation or adjustment to the points discussed today - which it sounds like are currently be considered by the P99 devs.