Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever wondered why p99 has more players than any other EQ server and for a much much (much) longer period ?

Yeah, no rotations
The only reason the population is as high as it is here is because there's no boxing. Nothing to do with a feature of the game that most people never use.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the rotation a backroom deal with DBG to help their new TLP?
In order to make a deal you need to have something to offer. I'm pretty sure 50% of us drive around with more change in the cup holder than DBG has in the coffers.

They're dying. Selling lifetime subs 20 years in? Cashgrab for a dying company.

Still, 20+ years is an amazing run.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever wondered why p99 has more players than any other EQ server and for a much much (much) longer period ?

Yeah, no rotations
Lol, nice try.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In order to make a deal you need to have something to offer. I'm pretty sure 50% of us drive around with more change in the cup holder than DBG has in the coffers.

They're dying. Selling lifetime subs 20 years in? Cashgrab for a dying company.

Still, 20+ years is an amazing run.
Sad really... but if Eddie Lampert can keep milking sears i guess its a lot easier to do abuse a sinking ship than a lot of us realize.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 02-10-2019, 11:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A rotation is a proven system. Works on TAKP, will work here.
Sorry I dont agree in the slightest, and you cannot compare p99 to TAKP.

The server is growing, on the up and up and is thriving big time because right now everything is perfect, were getting new stuff, and the general vibe is everyone is satisfied.

Letting the vocal minority get their way is what killed classic WoW experience. And although I know the server admins and founder probably dont give a damn about growth and happiness inside the server they should try their hardest to stop the classic feeling from being relinquished.

The vocal minority just need to be ignored. Theyre the ones who complain the most anyways and listening to these people will result in the worst outcomes.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry I dont agree in the slightest, and you cannot compare p99 to TAKP.
Ok, how about this then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
A rotation is a proven system. Worked on live servers, will work here.
Can you agree with that? Because the two seem pretty comparable to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and the general vibe is everyone is satisfied.
I'm sorry but I don't think anyone outside of AM would describe themselves as "satisfied" with the current raid scene.

Quote:
Letting the vocal minority get their way is what killed classic WoW experience. And although I know the server admins and founder probably dont give a damn about growth and happiness inside the server they should try their hardest to stop the classic feeling from being relinquished.
I think people here are far more concerned about Everquest becoming WoW. When you have only one guild monopolizing content, it's like they have their own personal instance, and what game does that sound like?

But to be fair I don't want to be overly alarmist; as much as AM dominates the high end now it's worth noting that TMO dominated far worse back in the day. Still, the point is right now one guild gets to mostly monopolize content with a small amount of competition, whereas with this change a much greater percentage of the server will get to experience that content.

Quote:
The vocal minority just need to be ignored. Theyre the ones who complain the most anyways and listening to these people will result in the worst outcomes.
The only minority here are the people against rotations. This is easy to see if you just count people in favor vs. against based on their posts. It's AM vs. the server, more or less.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only minority here are the people against rotations. This is easy to see if you just count people in favor vs. against based on their posts. It's AM vs. the server, more or less.
I think a lot of what you are saying about rotations is misinformed and driven by ignorance.

From my experience talking with a lot of different guilds. Kittens seem rather ambivalent about rotation, CSG members are excited, PS is excited, Lord BoB is excited, Core/AG/BG/AM seem universally disappointed.

To claim it is a minority is just wrong.

I made a poll on RnF too hopefully demonstrate its about 50/50

And realize, you would be taking away something from one 50% to give to another 50% which I think is the real problem at hand.
Closed Thread