Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

I consistently went to scout rolls for about a year only missing the ones that were like 4am time or so (lul remote desktop playing from work).

Never won it once, had several 980+ rolls that got beat out by a 990+ (and one 991 roll that was beat out by a full 1000 roll).

Im excited for chardok 2.0 but fuck the bottlenecks lol.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

It's just symptoms of a (very fun and much appreciated) progression server with slow progression. Of course there are bottlenecks.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand the rush. If this emulator has taught us anything, it should be patience. Let the turn in be a shitshow for a while. Then let's evaluate.
This is 100% what will happen. Again, the staff doesn't step in and set rules for this kind of thing: it's just not what they do (ie. what they've done for the past decade or so that this server has existed).

For those that don't remember, Scout was a clickfest for quite a long time after Velious was released. It wasn't until a motivated group of players came together and said "we think the current system sucks, and we're going to work to make it better". Then all those players had to essentially browbeat every other person on the server who wanted Scout into joining them, until there were only a few true assholes left who wouldn't join.

That was the beautiful thing about it: the roll was 100% a player-initiated thing. On a server where everyone "competed" with everyone else, and where there was no template for a bunch of players being reasonable before, the Scout people invented a better way to play Everquest, and then put in the effort to try and get everyone to play that way.

So for everyone who wants to see sanity for the Chardok 2.0 quests, whining or begging the staff to intervene won't make it happen. Start organizing now to get people to agree to roll (say) two minutes before the spawn. It will not happen right away: I can guarantee there will be too many neckbeards initially who won't agree. But if it's ever going to happen it will happen because some players started an agreement, then convinced more players to join, and THEN the staff agrees to enforce it: that's how Scout happened, and that's how Chardok 2.0 rolls could happen.

P.S. And who knows, maybe it won't even be as hard as with Scout? Maybe the staff will decide the click fest makes more work for them, and they'll cement the player agreement when only 60% of players agree to it (instead of 95% or whatever with Scout).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-11-2019 at 12:50 PM..
Old 02-11-2019, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is 100% what will happen. Again, the staff doesn't step in and set rules for this kind of thing: it's just not what they do (ie. what they've done for the past decade or so that this server has existed).

For those that don't remember, Scout was a clickfest for quite a long time after Velious was released. It wasn't until a motivated group of players came together and said "we think the current system sucks, and we're going to work to make it better". Then all those players had to essentially browbeat every other person on the server who wanted Scout into joining them, until there were only a few true assholes left who wouldn't join.

That was the beautiful thing about it: the roll was 100% a player-initiated thing. On a server where everyone "competed" with everyone else, and where there was no template for a bunch of players being reasonable before, the Scout people invented a better way to play Everquest, and then put in the effort to try and get everyone to play that way.

So for everyone who wants to see sanity for the Chardok 2.0 quests, whining or begging the staff to intervene won't make it happen. Start organizing now to get people to agree to roll (say) two minutes before the spawn. It will not happen right away: I can guarantee there will be too many neckbeards initially who won't agree. But if it's ever going to happen it will happen because some players started an agreement, then convinced more players to join, and THEN the staff agrees to enforce it: that's how Scout happened, and that's how Chardok 2.0 rolls could happen.
Terrible system. A handful of loud players whined about scout so it got changed? Many people never voted for it and it ended up being a small % of the server population making a rule for everyone on the server.

Staff should absolutely have something in place for this kind of thing. Either that or make p99 a lawless land (let the highest dps/lowest ping win in all things) but we all know that is not true.

The alternative is what? They look at hundreds of petitions till they get sick of it? Wait for players to do the work? Seems awful either of those ways.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Last edited by aaezil; 02-11-2019 at 12:54 PM..
Old 02-11-2019, 12:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is the fantasy land version of the current scout roll dynamic (that a lot of people don't like).

The idea that you get banned by GMs if you break this agreement should mean that it is an enforced GM rule not a player enforced rule.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

I had flashbacks of drelzna being insta-gang raped by 30 people in a shoebox sized room for some reason.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

A roll wouldnt be bad for 24 hour one but you cant roll off the 3 day w variance one

Someone saying SF camp 2.0 makes most sense based on what Morbo said IE angry goblin doesnt depop and will eat turn ins after first turn in IE entire reason ring roll existed bc people lost their entire rings
Old 02-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the fantasy land version of the current scout roll dynamic (that a lot of people don't like).

The idea that you get banned by GMs if you break this agreement should mean that it is an enforced GM rule not a player enforced rule.
I love when people contradict me but fail to provide any sort of counterpoint whatsoever (let alone evidence for it).

But I'll bite anyway: what's "fantasy land" about what I wrote?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:09 PM
Banned

Wow loramin took the bait !
Old 02-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Lol

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1918
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread